The parade marched to the tunes of `Col Bogey’ and `Sare Jahan Se Achha’. The Reviewing Officer congratulated all the newly commissioned officers for choosing this noble profession and urged them to keep themselves updated and remain vigilant to face all types of challenges.
IMA Passing Out Parade June 2013 PicturesSource: ADGPI - Indian Army
The RO also inspected the Guard of Honour given by the Gentlemen Cadets and presented the awards. The Sword of Honour is the most coveted recognition that a Gentleman Cadet aspires to possess. The Sword of Honour for overall best performance amongst the Passing Out Course was awarded to Siddhant Suhag and the Gold Medal for standing First in the overall Order of Merit was awarded to Vikash Kumar.
- Silver Medal - (2nd in the Order of Merit) Sahil Kerni
- Bronze Medal - (3rd in the Order of Merit) Nikam Nikhil Janardhan
- Silver Medal - (1st in the Order of Merit from Technical Graduate Course) Salil
- Silver Medal - (1st in the Order of Merit from Technical Entry Scheme) Prateek Dhankar
- Chief Of Army Staff Banner was awarded to Keren/Bhagat Battlion Company for standing overall First in the Term.
The Passing Out Parade was witnessed by Military and Civil Dignitaries and the family members, relatives and friends of the newly commissioned officers. On 07 and 08 Jun, the parents and relatives of the newly commissioned officers witnessed the Wreath Laying Ceremony at the War Memorial, the Sound and Light Show, the End of Term Indoor Club Exhibition and Multi Activity Display at Somnath Stadium, and the grand Passing Out Parade - a befitting farewell to the Passing Out Course indeed!