The Indian Army has published the notification of NCC 35 Special entry for Men and Women. Candidates with NCC ‘C’ certificate with minimum ‘B’ grade can apply for NCC 35th Special entry. Applications are invited from UNMARRIED/MARRIED male and UNMARRIED female and also from the Wards of Battle Causalities of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.
Eligibility of NCC Special Entry 35th Course
- For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Causalities) 19 to 25 years (born not earlier than 02 Jan 89 and not later than 01 Jan 95).
- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- Those studying in third year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two years.
- Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- The candidate must possess graduation degree at the time of joining training at OTA.
Service in NCC
- Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of N.C.C.
- Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
- For ward of battle casualties of army personnel, NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
How to Apply for NCC 35th Special Entry 2013
- Apply on plain paper as per the format given in the advertisement, duly typed.
- Applications should be posted to the nearest OC, NCC Unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- Applications of Candidates serving in the Armed Forces duly counter-signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC Unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- All NCC Units will forward the applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned State.
- Direcrorate General of Recruiting (Rtg 6), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army), reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of grade obtained by the candidates in NCC ‘C’ certificate examination/percentage of marks in degree examinations.
- DDG, NCC States will process all applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC. Special emphasis will be laid on the following points:
- Check date of birth from class X Certificate.
- Check Degree/Provisional degree is from a University recognised by AIU.
- Check marks sheets of all years and ensure that candidate has minimum 50% marks in the aggregate for all three years and in case of third year students 50% marks in aggregate for two years.
- Check NCC ‘C’ Certificate with minimum ‘B’ Grading.
- The last date for receipt of applications is as under:
- Last date for receipt of application at NCC Bn/Gp HQ 01 Aug 2013.
- Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC- 01 Sep 2013