Indian Army has published territorial army notification july 2013. Applications are invited from gainfully employed young men for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers, based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
Territorial Army Officers is based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. One can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows one such an expanse of experiences.
|Territorial Army Notification July 2013|
- Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- Age: 18 to 42 years as on 30 Jun 2013.
- Qualification: Graduate from any recognized university.
- Employment: Gainfully Employed in Central Govt / Semi Govt / Pvt Firm / Own business / Self Employed.
- NOTE: Serving Employees of Polices / Para Military Forces are not eligible.
Embodiment For Training
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Syllabus of Territorial Army 2013:
- PART I – Short Essay
- PART II – Objective type question on General Awareness:Includes issues related to Political / Economical affairs, International Situation and Sports
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in TA Infantry may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on requirement.
Selection Procedure of Territorial Army 2013:
- Candidates whose applications forms are found correct will be called for screening, by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB), at their respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Candidates selected by PIB should provide brief BIO-DATA to include details about their employment with monthly income from all sources at the time of documentation immediately after PIB.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
NOTE: Candidate who passed written test of PIB are required to bring the following attested documents at the time of interview:
- Certified copy of educational qualification certificates, all certificates and mark sheets beyond matric.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt / Union Territory / State Govt / Semi Govt / Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office.
- Self Employed candidates or having own Business are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper value of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the Deputy Commissioner of the District / Gazetted Officer / Commissioned Officer stating nature of self-employment and income earned annually with the attested photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return filed by the applicant along with photocopy of the PAN Card.
- Incomplete application will be rejected without intimation
- Ex Service Officers of three services as a candidate should send their application alongwith enclosures as mentioned in application form direct to Addl Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), ‘L’ Block, New Delhi-01.
- The candidates are screened by an Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl Dte Gen TA, GS Branch, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi which is followed by a Medical Board at New Delhi for successful candidates.
- Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 30 Jun, 2013 at respective locations as mentioned above.
- For more details about TA visit us at www.indianarmy.gov.in and download APPLICATION FORM.