Territorial Army Officers is based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. One can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows one such an expanse of experiences.
|Territorial Army Notification July 2013|
- Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- Age: 18 to 42 years as on 30 Jun 2013.
- Qualification: Graduate from any recognized university.
- Employment: Gainfully Employed in Central Govt / Semi Govt / Pvt Firm / Own business / Self Employed.
- NOTE: Serving Employees of Polices / Para Military Forces are not eligible.
Embodiment For Training
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Date Of Territorial Army Written Exam : 18 Aug 2013
Syllabus of Territorial Army 2013:
- PART I - Short Essay
- PART II - Objective type question on General Awareness:Includes issues related to Political / Economical affairs, International Situation and Sports
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions up to Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in TA Infantry may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on requirement.
Selection Procedure of Territorial Army 2013:
- Candidates whose applications forms are found correct will be called for screening, by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB), at their respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Candidates selected by PIB should provide brief BIO-DATA to include details about their employment with monthly income from all sources at the time of documentation immediately after PIB.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
- Certified copy of educational qualification certificates, all certificates and mark sheets beyond matric.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt / Union Territory / State Govt / Semi Govt / Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office.
- Self Employed candidates or having own Business are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper value of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the Deputy Commissioner of the District / Gazetted Officer / Commissioned Officer stating nature of self-employment and income earned annually with the attested photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return filed by the applicant along with photocopy of the PAN Card.
- Incomplete application will be rejected without intimation
For Ex Service Officers Only
- Ex Service Officers of three services as a candidate should send their application alongwith enclosures as mentioned in application form direct to Addl Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), ‘L’ Block, New Delhi-01.
- The candidates are screened by an Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl Dte Gen TA, GS Branch, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi which is followed by a Medical Board at New Delhi for successful candidates.
- Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 30 Jun, 2013 at respective locations as mentioned above.
- For more details about TA visit us at www.indianarmy.gov.in and download APPLICATION FORM.
Read Official Notification of Territorial Army July 2013
Territorial Army Application form