Okay let me pen down some things which I observed and learned from my experiences in SSB interview, at different centers. Dear aspirants I want to suggest few things to candidates getting regular screen outs. I got screened out thrice, and each time I observed why it happened. As many of us are familiar with screening process but in short I would like to break it in 4 parts. In between I will keep telling where we make fault generally according to my experience.
Officer Intelligence Rating Test OIR test
PPDT Story writing
PPDT Narration of story
- Being shaky in your voice.
- Unclear pronunciation and not audible voice.
- Looking up and down or towards assessors while speaking.
- Doing ohhh hummm, ahhh aaa aaa sound in between.
- Getting stuck in between and being blank.
- Using incorrect words, grammatical mistake shows you are nervous and afraid.
- Your perception (what you wrote),
- Confidence (how you speak must be clear and loud enough),
- Presentation skills (your body language while narrating),
Suggestions: If someone lacks here practice enough. Record your voice using your phone and listen how it sounds to others and if possible ask your friends about it, surely you will improve and it will boost your confidence also.
PPDT Group Discussion