Indian army official website indianarmy.nic.in has recently published the notification of Territorial Army for 2014 batch. Aspirants those who were waiting for the TA notification can apply for it now. You can find more details regarding Territorial army eligibility, how to apply and important dates below.
Territorial Army India Notification
Applications are invited from gainfully employed young men for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation. Territorial Army Officers,based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions.
You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
Date of written Exam: 09 Feb 2014
Territorial Army 2014 Eligibility Conditions
- Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- Age – 18 to 42 years as on 31Dec 2013.
- Qualification- Graduate from any recognized university.
- Employment-Gainfully Employed in Central Govt/Semi Govt/ Pvt Firm/ Own business/Self Employed.
- Note : Serving Employees of Polices/Para Military Forces are not eligible.
Territorial Army 2014 Syllabus
- Part 1 – Short Essay.
- Part 2 – Objective type question on General Awareness : Includes Issues related to Political /Economical affairs, International Situation and Sports.
How to Apply for Territorial Army 2014
Selection Procedure of Territorial Army 2014
- Candidates whose applications forms are found correct will be called for screening, by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB), at their respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Candidates selected by PIB should provide brief BIO-DATA to include details about their employment with monthly income from all sources at the time of documentation immediately after PIB.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
NOTE: Candidate who passed written test of PIB are required to bring the following attested documents at the time of interview:
- Certified copy of educational qualification certificates, all certificates and mark sheets beyond matric.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt / Union Territory / State Govt / Semi Govt / Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office.
- Self Employed candidates or having own Business are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper value of Rs. 10/- duly attested by the Deputy Commissioner of the District / Gazetted Officer / Commissioned Officer stating nature of self-employment and income earned annually with the attested photocopy of the latest Income Tax Return filed by the applicant along with photocopy of the PAN Card.
- Incomplete application will be rejected without intimation
- Ex Service Officers of three services as a candidate should send their application alongwith enclosures as mentioned in application form direct to Addl Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), ‘L’ Block, New Delhi-01.
- The candidates are screened by an Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl Dte Gen TA, GS Branch, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi which is followed by a Medical Board at New Delhi for successful candidates.