Military Nursing Service Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality - Must be a citizen of India (Also the Spouse, if married).
- Qualification & Registration: Should have passed PG/PB B Sc/B Sc Nursing from INC recognized University and be a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council ( Attach attested copy of marksheet, passing certificate and valid State Registration certificate). Candidates whose result is awaited will not be considered.
- Date of Birth - Between 13 Jan 1979 and 14 Jan 1993 (Both days inclusive). Attach attested copy of class X certificate and marklist.
- Physical Fitness: Medical fitness will be assessed as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen) will be done. The physical fitness of selected candidates will finally be determined by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the office of DGAFMS. Candidates pregnant at the time of medical examination and joining for commission will be rejected being temporarily medically unfit.
- Marital status: Single/Married/Divorcee/Widow
Military Nursing Service Method of Selection
- Only eligible candidates will be called for a written test to be conducted at Delhi during the third week of May 2014.
- The result of successful shortlisted candidates will be declared on the next day of written examination at the examination venue.
- A required number (not more than three times of vacancies) of shortlisted candidates of the written test, in the order of merit will be called for interview.
- Thereafter, only the candidates who have cleared the interview will be subjected to Medical Examination.
- The total process may take 3-5 days. Arrangement for accommodation will be individual responsibility. Only the required number of shortlisted candidates (as per vacancy and merit) who are pronounced medically fit in all respect will be sent call letters to report to the various hospitals in Armed Forces.
- No correspondence/queries will be entertained. The decision of the Board will be final. The candidates called for interview will be paid Sleeper class Railway fare from the place of residence to the place of examination centre and back only on submission of the original tickets, as per AI 17/96 as amended from time to time.
Employability: Candidates selected for grant of SSC in the MNS will be liable to serve for five years extendable to a total tenure of fourteen (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) Officers of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force). No request will be entertained on choice of posting through any means in the first five years of service.
How to Apply for Military Nursing Service
- Application to be typed in Block letters on A4 size paper as per the format given in this advertisement with passport size photo attested and duly pasted in the space provided.
- Applications received on newspaper cutting or its photocopy will be rejected. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates whose applications have been rejected.
Only attested copies of the following documents should be enclosed along with application
- Matriculation Certificate/School Leaving Certificate (indicating date of birth)
- Valid registration certificate of upgraded PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing course.
- PG/PB B Sc /B Sc Nursing certificate & marklists.
- NCC Certificate, if any
- Character Certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer
- Proof of Indian Nationality (Nationality/Domicile certificate)issued by Tehasildar/SDM)
- No objection certificate from the present employer, if employed.
- Two self addressed envelope (27cm X 12 cm) one with Rs 40/- postal stamp and the other with Rs 7/- postal stamp affixed respectively.
- Incomplete applications.
- Enclosed documents not attested.
- Any document submitted at a later date.
- Non attachment of any of the documents listed above.
- Application not signed by candidate.
- Photograph on application not attested.
- Attested photograph on admit card.
- Inadequate number of envelopes as required.
Bank Demand Draft: A non-refundable bank demand draft of SBI of Rs 150/- (Rupees one hundred and fifty only) in Favour of DGAFMS (APF) Fund, payable at SBI, Central Secretariat, New Delhi is to be enclosed. Name and address of the candidate must be written on the rear side of the draft