As CDS and AFCAT exams are near, we are publishing some of the current affairs of November and December-2013. These details will help you in CDSE and AFCAT written exams, especially in current affair section.
Defence News, December-2013
- Air chief marshal Arup Raha takes over as the 24th chief of the air staff from Air chief marshal N.A.K Browne on 31th December.
- Indian Army decides court marshal of six military personnel for the murder of 3 civilians in a fake encounter on April 2010 at Machhil in Kashmir.
- HAL Indigenous Light combat aircraft Tejas got the initial clearance for joining Indian Air force .
- Army chief General Bikram singh takes over the chairman of the chiefs of staff committee.
- MiG-21 FL (Type-77) decommissioned after a function in kalaikunda air base, West Bengal.
- The ISRO’s Mars Orbiter becomes the farthest object sent into space by India.
- India successfully test fired Pinaka rockets.
- Army flexes muscles near Pakistan border ahead of DGMO (Director general of military operations) level meeting.
- Agni-III missile test fired successfully
- India clears Rs. 880cr Barak missile deal with Israel
International News, December-2013
- China launches its first ever moon rover mission with a chang’s -3 rocket blasting off from the xiachang satellite launch center carrying the jade rabbit
- The Hauge based International court of Arbitrations allows India to go ahead with the construction of 330 MW kishenganga hydro-electric project in North Kashmir, rejecting Pakistan’s objection.
- Egypt declares the Muslim brotherhood a terrorist group.
- India’s Deputy Counsel –General in New York, Devyani khobragade is arrested and handcuffed after being charged with visa fraud. Releases after executing a $250,000 bond.
- War crimes convict Abdul quader Mollah, assistant secretary general of Jamaat-e- Islami is executed at the Dhaka central jail.
- Jang Song-Thaek, un cle of North Korean leader Kim Jong –un and former Vice- Chairman of the National Defence Commission is executed after a special military trial.
Sports News December-2013
- Badminton star P.V Sindhu won Macau Open badminton beating Cananda’s Michelle Li.
- India loses ODI series by South Africa-by 0-2.
- Germany won junior World cup hockey beating france 5-2 in final .
- South Africa’s star Jacques kallis announces retirement from Test cricket after India series.
- Australia regains Asshes beating England in the Perth Test and taking 3-0 lead.
- South Africa won the Test series against India.
Defence News November 2013
- India, US Navies practiced anti-sub warfare in Bay of Bengal- Malabar Exercise 2013.
- Advanced jet trainer hawk-132 inducted in Indian Navy.
- Antony defers decision on critical but controversial missile deals with Israel
- MiG-29 fighter jet crashed in Gujarat.
- Wipro flies away with Rs 900 cr Indian Air force deal.
- Navy to upgrade torpedoes, sonars of warships soon.
- Aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya is inducted into the Indian Navy at the Sevmash Shipyard in Russia, bringing down the curtains on a 13 year saga of reconsturuction.
- Navy set to finalise deal to salvage Sindhurakshak.
- Army gets final nod to deploy 80,000 troops along China border.
- IAF decides on Sukhoi-30 for BrahMos, final tests from end-2014.
- India to strengthen Andaman and Nicobar Command to take on China.
- India successfully test-fires nuclear-capable Dhanush missile.
- INS Vikrant to be commissioned by 2017.
- Indian Navy receives second P8I maritime patrol aircraft
- Agni –I was test fired successfully from Odisha coast.
International News November 2013
- 22nd Commonwealth heads of government meet (CHOGM) held in Coulmbo.
- Lt. General Raheel Sharrif is appointed Pakistan Army Chief.
- China announces setting up of an Air Defence Identification Zone over parts of the disputed East China Sea.
- Justice Tassaduz Jillani is named the next Chief Justice if the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- Abdulla Yaameen elected Maldivian President by a narrow margin.
- Super typhoon Haiyan devastates Philippines leaving 10,000 dead and decimating towns , in the country’s worst recorded natural disaster.
- Hakimullah Mehsud, head of the Tahreek-e- Talibaan Pakistam is believed killed in a U.S drone strike in Dande Darpa khel area in North Waziristan.
- Iran strikes a historic nuclear pact with the U.S and five other worlds powers at Geneva.
- NASA launched Maven to study Mars atmosphere.
Sports News November 2013
- Rafael Nadal retains the no.1 position after his victory over Wawrinka in the ATP World Tours event in London.
- Magnus Carlsen won the World champion title, beating Vishwanathan Anand.
- Sachin Tendulakar ends his career after the India- West Indies Second Test. India wins tho take the series 2-0.
- Czech republic won Davis Cup beating Serbia 3-2 in Belgrade.
- 20 Things You Must Take Care of at SSB Interview
- SSB Interview Day 1 Testing
- Intelligence Tests at SSB
- Range of Topics for Personal Interview