As CDS and AFCAT exams are near, we are publishing some of the current affairs of November and December-2013. These details will help you in CDSE and AFCAT written exams, especially in current affair section.
Defence News, December-2013
- Air chief marshal Arup Raha takes over as the 24th chief of the air staff from Air chief marshal N.A.K Browne on 31th December.
- Indian Army decides court marshal of six military personnel for the murder of 3 civilians in a fake encounter on April 2010 at Machhil in Kashmir.
- HAL Indigenous Light combat aircraft Tejas got the initial clearance for joining Indian Air force .
- Army chief General Bikram singh takes over the chairman of the chiefs of staff committee.
- MiG-21 FL (Type-77) decommissioned after a function in kalaikunda air base, West Bengal.
- The ISRO’s Mars Orbiter becomes the farthest object sent into space by India.
- India successfully test fired Pinaka rockets.
- Army flexes muscles near Pakistan border ahead of DGMO (Director general of military operations) level meeting.
- Agni-III missile test fired successfully
- India clears Rs. 880cr Barak missile deal with Israel
International News, December-2013
- China launches its first ever moon rover mission with a chang’s -3 rocket blasting off from the xiachang satellite launch center carrying the jade rabbit
- The Hauge based International court of Arbitrations allows India to go ahead with the construction of 330 MW kishenganga hydro-electric project in North Kashmir, rejecting Pakistan’s objection.
- Egypt declares the Muslim brotherhood a terrorist group.
- India’s Deputy Counsel –General in New York, Devyani khobragade is arrested and handcuffed after being charged with visa fraud. Releases after executing a $250,000 bond.
- War crimes convict Abdul quader Mollah, assistant secretary general of Jamaat-e- Islami is executed at the Dhaka central jail.
- Jang Song-Thaek, un cle of North Korean leader Kim Jong –un and former Vice- Chairman of the National Defence Commission is executed after a special military trial.
Sports News December-2013
- Badminton star P.V Sindhu won Macau Open badminton beating Cananda’s Michelle Li.
- India loses ODI series by South Africa-by 0-2.
- Germany won junior World cup hockey beating france 5-2 in final .
- South Africa’s star Jacques kallis announces retirement from Test cricket after India series.
- Australia regains Asshes beating England in the Perth Test and taking 3-0 lead.
- South Africa won the Test series against India.
Defence News November 2013
- India, US Navies practiced anti-sub warfare in Bay of Bengal- Malabar Exercise 2013.
- Advanced jet trainer hawk-132 inducted in Indian Navy.
- Antony defers decision on critical but controversial missile deals with Israel
- MiG-29 fighter jet crashed in Gujarat.
- Wipro flies away with Rs 900 cr Indian Air force deal.
- Navy to upgrade torpedoes, sonars of warships soon.
- Aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya is inducted into the Indian Navy at the Sevmash Shipyard in Russia, bringing down the curtains on a 13 year saga of reconsturuction.
- Navy set to finalise deal to salvage Sindhurakshak.
- Army gets final nod to deploy 80,000 troops along China border.
- IAF decides on Sukhoi-30 for BrahMos, final tests from end-2014.
- India to strengthen Andaman and Nicobar Command to take on China.
- India successfully test-fires nuclear-capable Dhanush missile.
- INS Vikrant to be commissioned by 2017.
- Indian Navy receives second P8I maritime patrol aircraft
- Agni –I was test fired successfully from Odisha coast.
International News November 2013
- 22nd Commonwealth heads of government meet (CHOGM) held in Coulmbo.
- Lt. General Raheel Sharrif is appointed Pakistan Army Chief.
- China announces setting up of an Air Defence Identification Zone over parts of the disputed East China Sea.
- Justice Tassaduz Jillani is named the next Chief Justice if the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- Abdulla Yaameen elected Maldivian President by a narrow margin.
- Super typhoon Haiyan devastates Philippines leaving 10,000 dead and decimating towns , in the country’s worst recorded natural disaster.
- Hakimullah Mehsud, head of the Tahreek-e- Talibaan Pakistam is believed killed in a U.S drone strike in Dande Darpa khel area in North Waziristan.
- Iran strikes a historic nuclear pact with the U.S and five other worlds powers at Geneva.
- NASA launched Maven to study Mars atmosphere.
Sports News November 2013
- Rafael Nadal retains the no.1 position after his victory over Wawrinka in the ATP World Tours event in London.
- Magnus Carlsen won the World champion title, beating Vishwanathan Anand.
- Sachin Tendulakar ends his career after the India- West Indies Second Test. India wins tho take the series 2-0.
- Czech republic won Davis Cup beating Serbia 3-2 in Belgrade.
- 20 Things You Must Take Care of at SSB Interview
- SSB Interview Day 1 Testing
- Intelligence Tests at SSB
- Range of Topics for Personal Interview
About SSBCrack Editorial Team
The Editorial Team of SSBCrack consists of a group of Professional writers and aspirants. Their main aim is to provide up to date information regarding SSB Interviews and sharing quality information about Indian Defence to help aspirants. Mail us to join our editorial team now.