You can turn your dream of working a midst the supersonic birds into reality by joining the Indian Airforce, which offers you a job full of adventure, honor and pride. The year 2014-2015 has a lot of opportunities to offer to the valiant boys and girls. Here is a look at the vacancies which will be open for you to join the IAF.
Indian Air force Upcoming Vacancies 2014-2015
- NDA Exam 2014: The boys who have stepped in intermediate or those who are appearing or have appeared for their 10+2 exam have an opportunity to join the IAF through NDA entry. In this entry they will be enrolled for the Nation Defence Academy after clearing the written, SSB and the merit. After having been trained for three years at NDA Khadakwasla they’ll be shifted to Air Force Academy, Dundigal. The NDA exam is conducted twice a year and the notification for the same is released in May (NDA 2) and December (NDA 1). You can apply for only flying branch through NDA.
- CDS Exam 2014: Combined Defence Service Exam is an exam to enroll flying branch candidates. Only Male candidates who are appearing in their graduation or have Graduated can apply through this exam (for details refer to the official advertisement when released). CDS exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC; candidates who clear this exam have to clear the SSB and the merit in order to get into Air Force Academy. The advertisement for CDS is released in June and October.
- AFCAT 2014: Air Force Common Admission Test is a written exam conducted twice a year. Candidates who qualify this exam have to appear for SSB, clear it and then clear the merit to get into IAF. AFCAT is an exam which serves the purpose for almost all types of entries in the IAF at the graduate level. It enrolls candidates for Ground Duties, Technical and Flying Branch. The advertisement for AFCAT is released in December (AFCAT 1) and June (AFCAT 2).
- NCC Special Entries 2014: This entry is for Men only. They can apply for flying branch through their respective NCC Air Squadrons. There is no specific date mentioned for advertisements.
- Meteorological Branch 2014: This is a branch for Post graduates. No written test is conducted but direct applications are invited. Candidate can send their applications and if shortlisted can go for the SSB, on clearing SSB they’ll undergo medical examination and the final Merit list will decide whether or not they have made it in the IAF. The advertisement is released by the official career website of Indian Air force.
- Fast Track Selection 2014: Indian Airforce go for FTS entry time to time, FTS entry notification time is not fixed and depends on vacancies for a particular course. Through FTS one can apply for flying, technical GDOC and meteorological branch.