JAG ENTRY SCHEME 2015 16TH COURSE APR 2016 SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION (NT) COURSE FOR LAW GRADUATES. Applications are invited from married / unmarried male and unmarried Female candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Department.
JAG Entry Scheme 2015 Vacancies
- Men 10
JAG Entry Scheme 2015 Eligibility
- Nationality: Must be an Indian Citizen.
- Age Limit: 21 to 27 years (Born not earlier than 02 Jan 1989 and not later than 01 Jan 1995). Note. The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Qualification. Minimum 55% aggregate Marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India/State. Candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
JAG Entry Scheme 2015 Physical Standards
Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards. The guidelines for the same are available at official website of Directorate General Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
JAG Entry Scheme 2015 Medical Examination
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board. Details for the same are available at official website of Directorate General Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
JAG Entry Scheme 2015 Method of Selection
The selection process to be followed is indicated below :
- Initial shortlisting of applications will be done by Recruiting Directorate, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) and the decision of DG Recruiting will be final. Details of the shortlisted online applications will be put on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. In this regard no representation will be entertained.
- The shortlisted candidates whose applications are found to be correct shall be detailed for SSB interview at allotted Selection Centres on specified dates.
- Two Stage Selection Procedure. Two stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same day.
- Candidates who qualify stage II will submit self attested photocopies of educational documents mentioned in Para 16 (a) to (g) to Selection Centre for completion of their Dossier/verification.
- Candidates who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board, will be placed in the order of merit. The final selection will be made in that order up to the number of vacancies available at that time.
JAG Entry Scheme 2015 Merit List
It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in SSB interview and as such higher educational, previous performances, NCC Background etc have no role to play, those high in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies and are medically fit, are issued Joining Instruction for pre-commissioning Training. The Merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of DG Rtg and Indian Army Website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
JAG Entry Scheme 2015 Training
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers’ Training Academy (OTA), Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of vacancies available at the time.
- Duration of training – 49 weeks (approximately 11 months) at OTA, Chennai. On successful completion of which candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt. No ante date seniority will be granted.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will He/ She be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA, Chennai. A candidate, who married subsequent to the date of his/her application though successful at the Services Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for training. A candidate if he/she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government.
- Training at OTA, Chennai is at Govt. expense All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at OTA, Chennai will be awarded “ Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by University of Madras.
How To Apply For JAG Entry Scheme 2015 JAG 16
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Open the website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in” .
- Click on ‘Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration.
- Follow onscreen instructions for registration. After registration, your profile will open. Click on ‘Apply Online’ to process.
- Your registration details will confirm your eligibility to apply and proceed with the application as per onscreen instructions.
- Before submitting the application check the entries made and save the application. After submitting, take two copies of the printout and the Roll Number generated by the system.