Indian Navy Recruitment Executive Branch [SPORTS] 2016. Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch (sports) in Indian Navy for the course commencing Jan 2017 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidate to fulfill condition of nationality as laid down by the Govt. of India.
Indian Navy Sports Recruitment Age Limit and Education Required
- For all sports except Yachting and Wind Surfing–22 to 27 years (born between 02 Jan 1990 and 01 Jan 1995).
- For Yachting and Wind Surfing-21-25 years (Born between 02 Jan 1992 and 01 Jan 1996).
Education Qualification: .Regular Post Graduate Degree or BE/B. Tech in any field from a recognised university. Candidates with diploma in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports and Msc in Sports (Coaching) will be given priority during short listing for SSB.
Indian Navy Sports Recruitment Qualifications
- All sports other then Yachting and Wind Surfing: A candidate should have participated in Senior Level National Championships/Games in following disciplines:-
/Cricket/ /Diving/Water Polo/Kabaddi/Boxing.
- Yachting/Wind Surfing: A candidate must have at least one of the following qualifications:-
- Should have participated in a Senior National Championship conducted by YAI and secured a minimum of 5th position in Olympic classes.
- Should have represented India at the Asian Games or ISAF Youth Sailing World Championships and secured a medal in Youth/Olympic Classes.
- Should have attained a position amongst the top 50% of the fleet in a class of boat/windsurf completed at the ISAF Youth Sailing World Championship.
Indian Navy Sports Recruitment Physical Standards
- Height & weight: Minimum height-157 cm, with correlated weight.
- Eye sight: The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision 6/12, 6/12 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Candidates should not be colour/ night blind.
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
- There will be no relaxation in the physical standard.
Indian Navy Commission Type
Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years in steps of 02 years each i.e 10+2+2, subject to service requirement and performance/willingness of the candidate. No extension beyond 14 years and no option for Permanent Commission in future would be granted. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules.
Indian Navy Sports Quota Selection Procedure
- Selection (All sports other than Yachting and Wind Surfing) – Shortlisted candidates will be called for (Preliminary) interview at New Delhi. No rail fare or allowance will be admissible to candidates attending the preliminary interview at New Delhi. Candidates qualifying the preliminary interview will be detailed for Service Selection Board (SSB) at Bhopal, Bangalore, Coimbatore or Vizag followed by a medical examination.
- Selection (for Yachting/Wind Surfing Only) – Candidates found suitable will be required to undergo sailing selection trails by a board of officers at one of the Naval stations. Shortlisted candidates will be called for preliminary interview at New Delhi. No rail fare and allowances will be admissible to candidates attending sailing selection trials and preliminary interview. Candidates qualifying the sailing selection trials and preliminary interview will be detailed for Service Selection Board (SSB) at Bhopal, Bangalore, Coimbatore or Vizag followed by a medical examination.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test consisting of intelligence test. Picture perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidate will thereafter undergo Medical examination (approx duration 03-05 days)
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury of sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fair is admissible for the SSB interview, If appearing for the first time for this commission.
DUTIES OF SPORTS OFFICER
Physical Training Officers at various establishments. Secretary/Assistant Secretaries at INSCB/INSCCs where he would have to look after various facets of sports management. Sports officers at Command Headquar- ters/establishment. Any other duties that may be called upon to perform based on requirement of services.
Indian Navy Sports Officer Payscale and Allowances
To crack SSB interview, recommend you to get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” book from Amazon.