Refreshing the candidates about the new entries at the dawn of the New Year, the NCC, SSC tech and JAG entries have been released for the aspirants. The entries are direct entries i.e. there is no need to appear for any exam to get the SSB call. The candidates will be shortlisted on the base of their academic performance in their respective graduation degrees. All the three entries are for Short Service Commission and have certain eligibility criteria. Below are some of the points to specify the eligibility criteria for the candidates.
NCC – Indian Army has released the notification for NCC 42nd course commencing from October, 2017. The entry will be for Short Service Commission. NCC entry is limited to the candidates who have NCC C certificate with A or B grades. The candidates can apply for it in the time period of 17 Jan – 15 Feb, 2017.
- Age Limit- The age limit for NCC entry is 19-25 years.
- Educational Qualification – Candidates having minimum B grade in C certificate in NCC, along with a degree from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks are eligible for the entry. Final year students are also eligible for the entry.
SSC (Tech) – SSC Tech 49th for men and SSC Tech 20th for women batch notifications have been announced and the course will commence from October, 2017. Short Service Commission Tech is the entry for all engineering graduates. The entry is again for both men and women. The application form will be available from 23rd Jan to 22 Feb 2017.
- Age Limit – The age limit for men and women for technical branch is 20 -27 years, while for widows of defence personals (non-tech), 4 years relaxation is given to make the age range of 19-29 years.
- Educational Qualification – The candidates who have engineering degrees in the respective fields as mentioned in the notification are eligible for it. For war widows, degree in any discipline will be accepted.
JAG – JAG entry is the entry for all LAW graduates, who want to join the Indian Army and continue their job in their law field. JAG entry Scheme 19th course notifications are out for all male and female candidates. The candidates can apply for the entry between 23rd Jan to 22 Feb 2017.
- Age limit – The age limit for JAG entry is from 21 to 27 years
- Educational Qualification – Candidates having 55% in their LLB degree and are eligible for registration with bar council of India are eligible for the entry.
Steps To Fill Up the Form
- Go to joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on apply now officers entry apply/ login.
- Click on registration and fill up your details carefully.
- Check your details and apply for the entries for which you are eligible.
- After applying for the entry, take a printout of the form for future use.
Conclusion – The year has started with a gift for the Indian Army aspirants. The SSB of these entries will be scheduled after a few months, which is sufficient time for the aspirants to prepare and work hard to join the forces. The three entries are served for both men and women. The seats are limited, but the selection procedure at SSB remains the same. So, aspirants must take benefit of these entries and get selected this time.