The 11th biennial edition of Aero India 2017 is being held at the Air Force Station, Yelahanka in Bengaluru. The International Aerospace and Defence Exhibition started on 14th February and will continue till 18th February.
About Aero India:
Aero India began in 1996. The event is being organised and conducted by the Defence Exhibition Organisation (DEO).
It has carved a niche for itself as a premium aerospace and aviation exhibition in the international arena and has become one of the most sought after exhibitions in the Asian region in terms of participation from across the globe.
Highlights of Aero India 2017:
- There is country-wise company participation from 23 countries, including official delegations. A total of 51 countries are participating including exhibitors from USA, France, the UK, Russia, Israel, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Ukraine, Singapore, Sweden, Spain, South Africa, Italy, the UAE, South Korea, Hong Kong, the Czech Republic, Canada, Australia, Poland and Greece will participate.
- This year’s Aero India is witnessing participation from 549 companies of which 270 are Indian and 279 are foreign companies.
- The total area of the show has grown from 24,403 sq. meters to 27,678 sq. meters this year. The gross area has also increased from 2,50,000 sq. meters to 2,60,000 sq. meters
- A total of 72 aircrafts are participating in this event.
- Nearly two lakh business visitors are expected to attend the ongoing show.
- A Business to Business meeting area has been created and is being offered to Indian business industries free of cost.
- Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat and Kerala are setting up exclusive SEZ pavilions for attracting investment.
- Aerobatic teams participating in the show will be the Indian Air Force Sarang Team, the Indian Air Force Surya Kiran Team, the Scandinavian Air Show Team from Sweden and the Evolvkos Aerobatic Team from the UK.
Aero India 2017 Events:
- Seminars by State Governments were given on 14th February from 1430 hrs onwards. It was Chaired by the Minister of Civil Aviation Shri Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati and the Guest of Honour was Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. The Chief of Army Staff, General Bipin Rawat, the Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, the Defence Secretary, Shri G Mohan Kumar, Secretary (Defence Production) were also seen attending the seminar.
Under the Make in India Initiative the CII, FICCI, PHD shall jointly conduct the following events on 15th February 2017 under the topics:
- ‘Indian Aerospace: Investor’s Meet’ by CII (1000 hrs – 1115 hrs).
- ‘Make in India in Aerospace: Are MSMEs geared for it? – Reflections and the Way Forward’ – PHD, CII (1130hrs-1245 hrs).
- Round Tables – Country specific by Indian Chambers (B2B)
- Indo-Swiss Business Meet
- Indo-UK and Indo-Polish, business meetings by various companies