INDIAN NAVY 10+2 (B.TECH) CADET ENTRY SCHEME (PERMANENT COMMISSION) COURSE COMMENCING – JAN 2018. Applications are invited from UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES (fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four years degree course under the 10+2 (B Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme.
- Age – Born between 02 Jul 1998 & 01 Jan 2001 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification – Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
- Who can apply – Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) 2017 exam. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on basis of JEE (Main) 2017 All India Rank.
- Height and Weight – Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight as per age.
- Eye Sight – The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
- Tattoo – Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in
Cost to Company (CTC)– The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 72,444/- to Rs. 81,700/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are being revised as per 7th CPC.
NAVY 10+2 (B.TECH) SELECTION PROCEDURE
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to fix cut off for shortlisting the application for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2017. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam from Jul – Oct 17.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidate in their application form.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB date is to be addressed to the Call up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability off batches/slots.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this Commission on production of tickets. Candidates will carry photo copy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned while appearing for SSB.
How to Apply
- Candidates are to register and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 05 Jun 17 to 25 Jun 17. The procedure for applying online is explained in the notification.
- Online (e-application):- Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable correct filling up of personal particulars.
- Note: (a). Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate/12th certificate. (b) Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number is mandatory fields. (c) All relevant documents (preferably in original) Date of birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificates), 10th marksheet, 12th marksheet, JEE (Main ) 2017 scorecard (indicating All India Rank) and a recent size colour photograph should be scanned and uploaded in PDF form. (d) If any scanned document is not legible/ readable for any reason, the application will be rejected. (e) Print one copy of online application form and carry it along with original certificates/documents as mentioned in para 23 note (c) while appearing for SSB interview.
The training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2018. Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be selected for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala based on All India Merit and on the number of vacancies. All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for four year B. Tech course in applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialisation) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B. Tech Degree will be awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also, Download Helpful eBooks: