MAKE A MOVE AND JOIN THE ARMED FORCES AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSIONED OFFICERS IN THE MILITARY NURSING SERVICE (MNS) 2017. Applications are invited from female candidates who have passed MSc (Nursing) / PBBSc (Nursing)/BSc(Nursing) for grant of Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service.
- Nationality – Must be a citizen of India
- Qualification & Registration: Should have passed MSc (Nursing) /PBBSc (Nursing) /BSc(Nursing) from INC recognized University and be a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council (The candidate will be required to bring original and self attested copies of marksheet, passing certificate and valid State Registration certificate at the time of interview).
- Date of Birth – Between 10 Jul 1982 and 11 Jul 1996 (Both days inclusive).
- Physical Fitness: Medical fitness will be assessed as per Military Standards by Military Authorities. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen) will be done. The physical fitness of selected candidates will finally be determined by a Medical Board under arrangement made by the office of DGAFMS. Pregnancy would be a cause of temporary rejection.
Method of Selection:
- Written test : Only eligible candidates will be called for a written test to be conducted during the first/Second week of Aug 2017. The written test of 100 marks will consist of objective type questions based on Nursing, English language and Gen intelligence. There is no negative marking. The OMR based evaluation of the answer sheets will be done at IHQ of MoD(Army) and the result of successful shortlisted candidates will be declared online on the army website with the instructions for interview by Aug/Sep 2017. Confirmation of the result will be the individual responsibility of the candidates. This Office will not be responsible for informing the result individually.
- Interview and medical examination: A required number (not more than three times of vacancies) of shortlisted candidates of the written test, in the order of merit will be called for interview during the month of Sep/Oct 2017 at Delhi. Thereafter, only the candidates who have cleared the interview will be subjected to Medical Examination.
The process of interview and medical examination may take 2-5 days. Arrangement for accommodation will be individual responsibility. Only the required number of shortlisted candidates (as per vacancy and merit) who are pronounced medically fit in all respect will be sent call letters to report to the various hospitals in Armed Forces. No correspondence/queries will be entertained. The decision of the Board for written test and interview will be final. Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT will be informed by the President of the Medical board including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD. The candidates called for interview will be paid Sleeper class Railway fare from the place of residence to the place of interview/medical examination and back only on submission of the original tickets. The candidate called for interview, if found not in the possession of documents as per eligibility criteria, will be rendered ineligible to appear for the interview and the selection is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.
Marital status: Single/Married/Divorcee or otherwise legally separated/Widow
Employability: Candidates selected for grant of SSC in the MNS will be liable to serve for five years extendable to a total tenure of fourteen (5+5+4) years, anywhere in India in the same way as Military Nursing Service (Regular) Officers of the Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force). No request will be entertained on choice of posting through any means in the first five years of service.
How to apply:
The online application will be hosted on the web page of www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. The procedure for filling up of the application form, payment, admit card and subsequent processing will be available on the same website. For more details read the official notification attached below.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: