The Indian armed forces always give the fair chances to the students. Starting from the age of maturity, they start with the NDA, TES and ends up to the T.A. examination. CDS is also a chance provided to the graduate candidates. UPSC conducts the exam and gives the chance to the candidates to join any of the three services as per their eligibility. A short summary of eligibility criteria for CDS 2 2018 is given below.
Citizenship – The eligibility of the exam is extended to the citizen of India subject of Bhutan, subject of Nepal, Tibetan Refugee or a person of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire or Vietnam.
Educational Qualification – The education qualification for all the services is different in CDS examination.
- Army – For army, the candidate must have a graduate degree form a recognised university.
- Navy – The candidate must possess a B.Tech / B.E. degree.
- Air force – The candidates must either have a B.tech/ B.E. degree or a graduation degree with physics and maths studied as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
Age – The age range for CDS 2 2018 is different for all services.
- Air force – 02 July , 1995 – 01 July , 1999 (19-23 years)
- Army – IMA- 2nd July 1995 – 1st July 2000 (19-24) and OTA- 2nd July , 1994 – 1st July , 2000(19-25) years
- Navy – 2nd July , 1995 – 1st July , 2000(19- 22) years
Steps To Submit the Application Form
- Go to upsconline.nic.in
- Click on Part 1 and submit your personal and contact details.
- Then set your preference for the academies as per your qualification and age.
- Get your registration id and head to Part 2 of the application form.
- Select the mode of depositing the fees of Rs. 200.
- After depositing the fees, select your centre of examination.
- Then upload our photo and signature in mentioned file size and dimensions.
- Then check your declaration and submit the form.
- Download a copy of the application form for future use.
The exam is divided into 3 papers.
|1||English||120||100||9 am-11 am(2 hours)|
|2||General Ability||120||100||12 am-2 pm(2 hours)|
|3||Maths||100||100||3 pm-5 pm (2 hours)|
The candidates, who have applied for IMA, AFA and NA have to attend all the 3 papers. While the candidates of OTA have to appear for the first 2 paper i.e. English and General Abilities.
The candidates have to get over the sectional cut off of every paper and a combined cut-off. The combined cut-off for all the academies is also different.
The candidates, who clear the exam will get their SSB on the basis of their marks scored and the preference they have filled in their application form (part 1)
- Date of notification – 8 August, 2018
- Last date of form submission – 3 September, 2018
- Date of examination – 18 November, 2018
Conclusion – The CDS exam 2018 will be another crucial chance served by the UPSC for all those aspirants who have completed their graduation in distinct branches. It is the next opportunity for the candidates after NDA, which opens the gates for all the services. All that matters in the exam is the strategy you follow. So, prepare hard, focus on your weak points and clear it this time.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: