Indian army official website has published the JAG 20 Notification, JAG 20 or Judge Advocate General 20 is a special entry for both male and female law graduates. All law graduates (both Male and Female), who want to join the Indian army judge advocate general branch can apply through this entry.
Below we have mentioned few details related to JAG 20 notification and you can read more on the official notification of JAG 20 linked below.
- Nationality – The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit – The candidate must be of the age between 21-27 years. The date mentioned in matriculation certificate will be considered as final. No other document will be accepted for age declaration and no further change request will be entertained.
- Educational Qualification – The candidate must have scored 55% marks in LLB graduation degree (3 years professional after graduation or 5 years after 10+2) and the candidate must be eligible for registration with Bar council of India/ State. Candidates having studied in the college/ university which are not recognized by the Bar council of India will not be accepted.
JAG 20 Vacancies: Men – 10 , Women – 04
Starting And Ending Dates Of Application Forms – The candidates can apply for the entry between 25th Jul to 23 Aug 2017.
How To Apply for JAG 20
- Visit joinindianarmy.nic.in
- On the officers row, click on Apply/Login.
- There you will find registration. Click on it.
- Follow the instructions and fill up your basic details.
- After entering your details, the website will show you the list of entries available for you.
- Now submit the application after checking the entire application form again, save the application and take 2 printouts of the application for future use.
JAG 20 Medical Standards
- The candidate must be fit as per the physical standards mentioned in the guidelines available at joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The candidates, who will be recommended by the SSB, will be further sent for medical examination. Those who pass the exam will be accepted.
JAG 20 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of the JAG entry is as follows-
- The shortlisting of candidates on the basis of the academic performance will be done by Recruiting Directorate, Integrated Headquarter of MoD (Army). The list of shortlisted candidates will be put on joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The shortlisted candidates will be allotted SSB centers and date of reporting will be sent to them by e-mail or SMS.
- The candidates, who will report at the mentioned SSB center on mentioned date, will face stage 1 (Screening) and Stage 2 (psychology, GTO and personal interview).
- Those who pass the sage 1 will stay for stage 2 and those who fail in stage one will be set free on the same day.
- Candidates who will get recommendation after stage 2 will undergo documentation and will be sent for medical examination.
- The candidates who will get their names in the final merit list, will be called for training in Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
- The training will last for 49 weeks and the cadets will be granted commission in the rank of lieutenant after the completion of the training.
- As per the guidelines and rules, the candidates are neither allowed to marry during training, nor will they not be allowed to live with parents or guardians.
- Any candidate found married before or during the training will be discharged from the training.
- The government of India will manage all expenses of the training of the cadets. The cadets will be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in Defense Management and Strategic Studies by the university of Madras after the end of the training.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: