Indian army has published the notification of Remount Veterinary Corps for the short service commission in 2018. Interested candidates can read the details information and apply for the short service commission (SSC) in remount veterinary corps of the Indian army.
What is remount veterinary corps of Indian army?
- The Remount and Veterinary Corps is an administrative and operational branch of the Indian Army, and one of its oldest formations. It is responsible for breeding, rearing and training of all animals used in the army.
Notification: Applications are invited from qualified male veterinary graduates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Remount Veterinary Corps of Indian Army as per the terms and conditions described below:
- Notification Date: Will be published soon on joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Last Date: 04 Sep 2018
- Age Limit. 21-32 years as on the last date of submission of application i.e 04 Sep 2018.
- Minimum Educational Qualification. BVSc/BVSc & AH degree from any of the recognized Indian University or its equivalent foreign degree (i.e. the candidate must possess recognized veterinary qualification included in the first or second schedule of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984).
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
Official notification will be published soon
The Remount Veterinary Corps (RVC) has a grand history to its credit and a rich heritage. Animals have been an integral part of Army’s logistics and so has been RVC. From World Wars to Operation Rakshak, the history is enriched with the devotion, sacrifices and exemplary commitment to duty by RVC personnel in all ranks. The arduous task of breeding, rearing, training and issuing the Army animals to user units is being accomplished by the Corps meticulously and with the utmost professionalism. It is also entrusted with the treatment of these animals in user units and advising them on management and refresher training.
The Remount and Veterinary Corporation is an administrative and operational branch of the Indian Army, and one of its oldest formations. It is responsible for breeding, rearing, and training of all animals used in the army. Applications are invited from qualified male veterinary graduates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Remount Veterinary Corps of Indian Army as per the terms and conditions described below:-
Age Limit: 21-32 years as on the last date of submission of application i.e 01 Sep 2017.
Note: BVSc/BVSc & AH degree graduates, granted SSC in RVC will be considered for grant of the permanent commission, only if they are below 30 years of age on the date of grant of SSC and if they qualify in the departmental permanent commission (PC) Test within 08 years of service. They may take two attempts after completion of 02 years of service and before completion of 04 years of service. They will be eligible to take the third attempt any time during the extended tenure of their service i.e after completion of 05 years of service and before completion of 08 years of service, subject to the exercise of the option for the third attempt before completion of their 05th year of initial contractual service. Likewise, MVSc and Doctorate degree holder will be considered for grant of the permanent commission, only, if they are below 32 & 34 years of age respectively on the date of grant of SSC and if they qualify in the Departmental PC Test within 08 years of service.
Minimum Educational Qualification. BVSc/BVSc & AH degree from any of the recognized Indian university or its equivalent foreign degree (i.e. the candidate must possess recognized veterinary qualification included in the first or second schedule of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984).
Applicant should be a citizen of India. NOTE: CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE PASSED THE QUALIFYING EXAMINATION WITH INTERNSHIP AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION. CANDIDATES WHO ARE NOT IN POSSESSION OF MARK SHEETS OF ALL YEARS/PART/SEMESTERS (INCLUDING FINAL/PART/SEMESTER) OF QUALIFYING EXAMINATION NEED NOT TO APPLY)
HOW TO APPLY
- Application on plain paper (21 cm x 36 cm) duly typed as per the format given in the advertisement.
- The envelope containing application should be “Superscribed in Red Ink” indicating clearly “Application for Short Service Commission in RVC”.
- Application should be posted by ordinary, registered or speed post to reach at the following address:- Directorate General Remount Veterinary Services (RV-1) QMG’s Branch, Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army) West Block 3, Ground Floor, Wing No-4 RK Puram, New Delhi – 110 066
TRAINING, TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SERVICE
- Grant of Commission. Candidate will be commissioned in the rank of Captain.
- Training. Post commission training at RVC Centre & College, Meerut Cantt.
- Ante-date seniority. 12 months/24 months ante-date seniority will be granted to candidates holding postgraduate/doctorate degree respectively in any discipline
of veterinary science from a recognized university, recognized by VCI in India/abroad, prior to their commissioning in the Remount Veterinary Corps. The candidates must hold PG/PhD degree on the date of commissioning for availing antedate seniority.
- Suitability for retention of Commission. If an officer is found unsuitable within 01 years of the grant of the commission, his commission may be terminated at any time before the contractual period of service for five years.
- Promotion. Promotion up to the rank of Major while in SSC and thereafter, if granted PC, up to Colonel (TS) is time bound.
- Tenure of engagement. All officers granted commission would serve the Indian Army for a period of five years from the date of conferment of commission subject to fulfillment of other conditions. The period of five years may further be extended for another five years subject to their performance.
- Pay, allowances and other benefits. Officers, on commissioning in the rank of Captain are entitled to a basic pay of Rs. 15600/-, Grade Pay of Rs. 6100/-, Military Service Pay of Rs. 6000/-, Non-Practice Allowance (NPA) @25% of basic pay, in addition to Kit Maintenance Allowance (KMA) and Dearness Allowance (DA) as admissible, at rates applicable from time to time. Scales of inputs on 7th pay commission are yet to be declared which will be implemented in due course. Additional benefits like concessional accommodation, free ration for self only, free medical facilities for self and family, LTC, 60 days annual leave and 20 days casual leave, canteen facilities and group insurance cover are also admissible.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: