The defense exams of Territorial Army, AFCAT, NDA, and CDS are approaching the consecutive months and the candidates must be indulged in preparing for the exam dedicatedly. The GK part is included in all the exams and constitute a significant part of all theoretical subjects along with current affairs. Well, some questions of military affairs are also asked in the exams and most prominent of them are related to the recently conducted exercise between the nations.
To ease the students in preparing for this section, here is the important exercise that Indian armed forces have conducted with the armed forces of other nations.
- Tropex – Theatre readiness operational exercise. Eastern and western commands of Indian navy along with Indian army, air force, and coast guard participated in it. It was conducted on the western coast line of India.
- EKUVERIN – 7th edition of India Maldives joint military exercise EKUVERIN held in Maldives which emphasize of the amphibious and counter insurgency, and anti-terror operations. It’s 6th edition held in Kerala.
- SAMPRITI – 7th edition of India Bangladesh joint military exercise held in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Its first edition was held in 2010.
- INDRA – 9th India Russia naval exercise held in the Bay of Bengal with the aim to increase interoperability between the both the naval forces. The exercise was conducted in two phases; sea and harbor phase.
- KONKAN – Indian Navy and Royal Navy’s (UK Navy) joint maritime exercise took place in Mumbai, Maharashtra to increase compatibility and interoperability between both the navies.
- Hand in Hand – 6th edition of India China joint training exercise held in Pune Maharashtra with the aim of exchanging expertise in drill and practices.
- Surya Kiran – 10th edition of India Nepal joint military exercise was held in Nepal to share their experience and expertise in counter terrorism and disaster management. In the exercise, Kumaon Regiment represented India and Jabar Jung battalion represented Nepal.
- Mitra Shakti – The 4th edition of India Srilanka joint military exercise was held in Srilanka. The aim was to increase interoperability in counter terrorism and counter insurgency operations.
- AL-Nagah-Li – 2nd edition of India Oman joint military exercise held in Himachal Pradesh. The motive of the exercise was to enhance the compatible in counter terror operations.
- Nomadic Elephant – 12th edition of India Magnolia joint military exercise held in Magnolia to raise the synergy and interoperability between the forces.
- CORPAT – 29th India Indonesia coordinate patrol bilateral maritime exercise was conducted at Andaman and Nicobar.
- Malabar – 21st edition of Malabar exercise was conducted in the Bay of Bengal and was attended by the navies of India, US, and Japan. The exercise was conducted in sea and shore phases. The exercises were for professional exchanges on carrier strike group operations, maritime patrol and reconnaissance operations, surface and anti-submarine warfare.
- Maitree: A fortnight-long joint military exercise between the Indian and Thai armies has been conducted in Himachal Pradesh State of India. The joint exercise, named Maitree, takes place in Chamba district aiming to promote cooperation and enhance skills and experience exchange between the two countries’ armies.
Conclusion – Indian armed forces have a good level of coordination with the forces of other nations. The exercises can be asked in the defence competitive exams and candidates need to prepare for them to score more marks confidently. A short summary of all the crucial armed force excesses is mentioned above which is very productive for the candidates. Go through them and raise your score.
Current Affairs questions will be from last 5-7 months (for AFCAT, NDA, CDS, TA)
- Current Affairs March 2017 eBook [800+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs Feb 2017 eBook [600+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs Jan 2017 eBook [300+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs April 2017 eBook
- Current Affairs May 2017 eBook
Read More –