Personal Information Questionnaire is always considered as the blueprint of the personality of the candidate. It is said that a perfectly filled PIQ is the recommendation letter. It is the first thing that the candidate has to fill after getting screened in. Most of the interview questions are somewhere linked to your PIQ.
Some questions which are mostly asked over PIQ form are –
- How many siblings are you? What is your number among them?
Ans – Sir, we are 4 siblings and I am youngest among them.
- Tell me something about your native place.
Ans – Sir I belong to Jaipur City. It is famous for historical and tourist places. The city is the administrative centre and the capital of Rajasthan. It is also known as pink city. Include history, climatic conditions, top tourist places, famous personalities, educational institutions, economic factors, stats like literacy rate, sex ration etc in it.
- Tell me some differences between your native place/ maximum residence/ current residences.
Ans – Sir there is a difference in the dressing pattern, vegetation level, language and talking style in people. Give out some other differences after deep observation.
- Tell me something about your educational qualification starting from 10 to the current educational position.
Ans – Sir I have completed my schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. I have completed my 10th class from KV Dharamshala in 2008 scoring 75% marks. I have completed y 12th class from the same school in 2010 scoring 66% marks. I have completed my graduation from Rajput College, Jaipur in 2013 scoring 60% marks. Currently I am perusing masters in Chemistry from Same College.
- Why there is a fluctuation in the percentage of your academics?
Ans – Here the candidates have to produce a genuine reason for it. Don’t irritate the IO by giving old crap answers like I broke my leg or got infected with malaria or Typhoid.
- Tell me something about your family members.
Ans – Sir my family consists of 6 members. My father is the head of the family and is working as a Head Security officer in XYZ firm in Jaipur. My mother is a home maker and is the connecting medium of the family. My elder and second elder sisters are married and are happily settled in Udaipur and Delhi. My elder brother is working in Jaipur as currently working as a team lead in XYZ firm in Jaipur and contributing his best to raise the productivity of the firm. My family is a united and happy family and we are power of each other.
- Why did you change your school in 10th and 12th?
Ans – Respond with the genuine answer. Like Sir, my father has got posted from Dharamshala to Jaipur. That why I changed my school.
- Tell me about your occupation.
Ans – Sir currently I am working as an SEO executive in ABC department of XYZ firm. I perform (1), (2), (3) tasks with respect to my profile and expertize. I learn from my seniors to enhance my activity level and help my juniors in performing their task effectively.
- How do you spend your money?
Ans – Sir, I spend 2000 on my transport. I contribute 5000 in my family expense and keep 3000 for my personal expenses. I save 1000-2000 for emergency.
- What were the reasons that you got CO/SO in your last attempt(s)?
Ans – Just stay precise and truthful. Introspect your mistakes and your efforts to neutralize and improve them.
- Tell me about your participation in curricular activities.
Ans – Sir I have participated in the debate competition in 9th class and got 1st prize. I have also participated in science exhibition during my second year of graduation where our group got 2nd position in the college and was selected for the university level presentation.
- How many sports have you played and what was your position in it?
Ans – Sir I have participated in inter-school volleyball tournament during my 11th class, where our team was qualified for regional level. I have also participated in 100 mt, 200mt and 4X100 mt athletics event in college sports fest in the second year of my graduation in which I secured 2nd, 3rd and 1st position.
- Tell me about your experience in NCC?
Ans – Sir I have attended XYZ camps at ABC places. I have also participated in 123 parades at republic day and independence days. Include all those activities that you have done and duties that you have performed in NCC.
Current Affairs questions will be from last 5-7 months (for AFCAT, NDA, CDS, TA)
- Current Affairs Jan 2017 eBook [300+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs Feb 2017 eBook [600+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs March 2017 eBook [800+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs April 2017 eBook [750+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs May 2017 eBook [900+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs June 2017 eBook [1100+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs July 2017 eBook [1200+ Questions Included]
- Tell me about the activities in which who have led a group of people.
Ans- Sir I was the head and presenter of the science exhibition held during my 1st year of graduation where my group got 1st position. I have also led NSS team to conduct plantation drive in our college.
- Why do you want to join this service? Why not others?
Ans – Make your own answer and get out of this question smoothly without giving a chance to the IO to probe your response like – sir I want to join the armed force and I got the opportunity to join this service first. So I appeared for this opportunity to make myself productive and usable for the nation.
- Why do you want to join this specific battalion?
Ans- Give some knowledge full points and about it and the cause of your interest in it.
- Why did you choose this specific stream in 11th class?
Ans- Sir after a discussion with my parents, elder siblings, and teachers and following my aptitude and percentage of marks in these subjects in 10th class, I opted this stream.
- What are your hobbies and interests?
Ans – Sir I like to repair gadgets, read books, make collage, painting etc….
- Tell me about your previous SSB attempts.
Ans – Sir my first SSB attempt was at 34 SSB Allahabad for CDS entry in August 2013, in which I got conference out. Followed by it, I appeared in 2 times in SSB for Same entry i.e. CDS entry at 22 and 21 SSB Bhopal and got screened out. I have introspected and overcame my shortcomings and will surely make it this time.
- Why don’t you continue your father’s current occupation and support your family?
Ans – Here you need to explain your determination and your career goals and the reason of why do you want to join armed forces.
- Tell me something about Football/ basketball/ or any other sports you mentioned in your sports activity field.
Ans – Sir the dimensions of volleyball ground is 18 X 9 feet. The height of the net is 2.43 mts. There is an attack line on both the sides of the court at 3-feet distance from the middle line. There are 6 players in each team. Mention the rules, fouls, point system, playing strategy etc.
- Why there is a gap between your 12th, graduation or post-graduation?
Ans – Disclose your genuine reasons and stay ready for the probing. Your response can be like sir after I completed my 12th class, I prepared for competitive exams for 1 year at XYZ institution. I gave my best in the competitive exam and luckily got the opportunity to join ABC College, which increased my knowledge and skill level.
Conclusion – It is always good to prepare before going through any interview or test. So the above question will help the aspirants in performing well in the personal interview and leaving a fantastic impact over the IO. But before preparing for it, don’t copy the answers mentioned above. These are to give hints. Introspect and observe your own situation condition and personality and frame your own answers.