THE INDIAN NAVY INVITES ENGINEERS TO JOIN AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICERS IN EXECUTIVE BRANCH (GENERAL SERVICE/HYDRO CADRE)/TECHNICAL BRANCH (GENERAL SERVICE/NAVAL ARCHITECTURE) AND AS PERMANENT COMMISSION OFFICERS IN NAVAL ARMAMENT INSPECTORATE CADRE SCHEME JUN 2018 COURSE.
Notification: Applications are invited from unmarried eligible male/female candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in Executive Branch viz. General Service/Hydro and Technical Branch (General Service/Naval Architecture) and Permanent Commission (PC) in Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC) in the Indian Navy for Jun 18 Course conducted at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age: Born between 02 Jul 1993 & 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications:
- Who Can Apply Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering course in any of the under mentioned disciplines from a recognised educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
- Call up for SSB Candidates will be issued Call Up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their academic performance till 5th/7th semester for all eligible regular/integrated course respectively.
- Minimum %age on Joining INA The candidates will, however be required to pass final examination (BE/B Tech) with minimum 60% before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off %age will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
Note: – (i) Only one application is to be filled by a candidate. (ii) Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch/Cadre should mention their preference in the application. (iii) Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference. (iv) However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate Branch/Cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that Branch/Cadre. (v) Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, medicals & meriting) will be exclusively for the Branch/Cadre only. (vi)Technical Branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (c) & (d) can also be allotted Air Technical Specilisation/appointed as Air Technical Officer by IHQ MoD (Navy). (vii) No equivalent stream of BE/B.Tech other than mentioned in para 3 above will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
Selection Procedure The selection procedure is as follows:-
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off/ based on percentage of marks obtained in BE/B.Tech without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during Nov 17 – Mar 18. Selected candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of SSB marks depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for the interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD (N) at SMS/email (provided by candidate in their application).
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No. & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
Current Affairs questions will be from last 5-7 months (for AFCAT, NDA, CDS, TA)
- Current Affairs Jan 2017 eBook [300+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs Feb 2017 eBook [600+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs March 2017 eBook [800+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs April 2017 eBook [750+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs May 2017 eBook [900+ Questions Included]
- Current Affairs June 2017 eBook [1100+ Questions Included]
TRAINING: Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Their training is scheduled to commence in Jun 2018 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Officer of Tech (GS) & NA/NAIC will undergo 22 Weeks Naval Orientation Course and Officer of Executive GS(X)/Hydro will undergo 44 Weeks Naval orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala followed by professional training in Naval Ships and Training Establishments. Full pay & allowances are admissible to officers whilst under training.
How to Apply: Candidates are to register and fill application on e recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 05 Aug 17 to 25 Aug 17.
DATE OF OPENING – 05 AUG 17 : LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION – 25 AUG 17
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: