The Indian Air Force provides the opportunity of AFCAT for the aspirants to join the Air Force in specific filed of flying and Ground Duty (Technical and non-technical). AFCAT 1 2018 exam will be the next direct opportunity for the Air Force aspirants to join the Air Force into flying, technical or non-technical fields of the Indian Air Force. The exam has some pre-specified frame of eligibility conditions for candidates to give the opportunity to maximum deserving candidates. Here is a crisp overview of the eligibility criteria of the AFCAT 1 2018.
Branch and Course Number
- Flying – 204/19F/SSC/M & W )
- Ground duty technical – 204/19T/PC/ M and 204/19T/ SSC/M & W
- Ground duty non-technical – 204/19G/ PC/M and 204/19G/ SSC/M & W
Age – Flying – The candidates have to be 20 to 24 years old as on 01 Jan 2019 i.e. DoB must fall between 02 Jan 1995 to 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Technical and GDOC. – The candidates have to be 20 to 26 years old as on 01 Jan 2019 i.e. DoB must fall between 02 Jan 1993 to 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- The candidates who have completed graduation scoring minimum 60% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in maths and physics individually in 10+2.
- Have BTech/ B.E degree with minimum 60% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in maths and physics individually in 10+2.
- Cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
(.) Ground duty Technical – Candidates who have passed B.Tech with minimum 60% marks in specified fields are eligible for technical entry of AFCAT.
(.) Ground duty (Non-Technical) – The educational qualification for ground non-technical are:-
- Administrative and Logistics – Graduation degree with minimum 60% marks
- Accounts – B.com degree with minimum 60% marks
- Education – Minimum 50% marks in MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation and minimum 60% marks in graduation.
Types of Commission – The flying officers will get 14 years of service which is not extendable. Ground duty (tech and non-tech) will get 10 years of service and 4 years of extendable service. The further opportunity of the permanent commission will be over the willingness, eligibility, and vacancies.
Exam- The AFCAT 1 2018 will be conducted offline at pre mentioned centers. Those who successfully qualify the exam would be given the opportunity to opt the date and center of the SSB.
Stage 1 – The candidates will face Screening test consisting of verbal and non-verbal reasoning test and PPDT. Those who qualify this will be kept for stage 2 and those who could not qualify it would be set free on the same day.
Stage 2 – The selected candidates would go through psychology, GTO and personal interview for next 5 days and ending on the conference where the final result will be declared and selected candidates would be sent for medical examination.
Form Submission Period – The form will be available for the eligible candidates in December.
Exam date – The exam will be conducted on the last Sunday of February i.e. 25th February 2018.
Conclusion – The AFCAT 1 2018 will be the opening opportunity for all the Air Force aspirants, who are targeting their aim to join the elite organization. The exam need prior preparation and strategy to follow in order to score more and go above the cutoff. So, those who are targeting this opportunity need to firstly check the eligibility criteria and then start preparation for it and achieve their aim.