The Indian Air Force provides the opportunity of AFCAT for the aspirants to join the Air Force in specific filed of flying and Ground Duty (Technical and non-technical). AFCAT 1 2018 exam will be the next direct opportunity for the Air Force aspirants to join the Air Force into flying, technical or non-technical fields of the Indian Air Force. The exam has some pre-specified frame of eligibility conditions for candidates to give the opportunity to maximum deserving candidates. Here is a crisp overview of the eligibility criteria of the AFCAT 1 2018.
Online applications are invited for the courses commencing in January 2019 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) / Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches. Online applications are also invited for grant of PC/SSC for Flying Branch through NCC Special Entry Scheme and Meteorology Entry.
APPLICATIONS THROUGH https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in WILL OPEN ON 16 DEC 17 AND CLOSE ON 23 JAN 18
Branch and Course Number
- Flying – 205/19F/SSC/M & W )
- Ground duty technical – 204/19T/PC/ M and 204/19T/ SSC/M & W
- Ground duty non-technical – 204/19G/ PC/M and 204/19G/ SSC/M & W
Age – Flying – The candidates have to be 20 to 24 years old as on 01 Jan 2019 i.e. DoB must fall between 02 Jan 1995 to 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Technical and GDOC. – The candidates have to be 20 to 26 years old as on 01 Jan 2019 i.e. DoB must fall between 02 Jan 1993 to 01 Jan 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- The candidates who have completed graduation scoring minimum 60% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in maths and physics individually in 10+2.
- Have BTech/ B.E degree with minimum 60% marks and have scored minimum 60% marks in maths and physics individually in 10+2.
- Cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
(.) Ground duty Technical – Candidates who have passed B.Tech with minimum 60% marks in specified fields are eligible for technical entry of AFCAT.
(.) Ground duty (Non-Technical) – The educational qualification for ground non-technical are:-
- Administrative and Logistics – Graduation degree with minimum 60% marks
- Accounts – B.com degree with minimum 60% marks
- Education – Minimum 50% marks in MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation and minimum 60% marks in graduation.
Types of Commission – The flying officers will get 14 years of service which is not extendable. Ground duty (tech and non-tech) will get 10 years of service and 4 years of extendable service. The further opportunity of the permanent commission will be over the willingness, eligibility, and vacancies.
How To Prepare for AFCAT SSB Interview:
Exam- The AFCAT 1 2018 will be conducted offline at pre mentioned centers. Those who successfully qualify the exam would be given the opportunity to opt the date and center of the SSB.
Stage 1 – The candidates will face Screening test consisting of verbal and non-verbal reasoning test and PPDT. Those who qualify this will be kept for stage 2 and those who could not qualify it would be set free on the same day.
Stage 2 – The selected candidates would go through psychology, GTO and personal interview for next 5 days and ending on the conference where the final result will be declared and selected candidates would be sent for medical examination.
Form Submission Period – The form will be available for the eligible candidates in December.
Exam date – The exam might be conducted on the last Sunday of February i.e. 25th February 2018 but the date might change, for correct date check the official notification.
Conclusion – The AFCAT 1 2018 will be the opening opportunity for all the Air Force aspirants, who are targeting their aim to join the elite organization. The exam need prior preparation and strategy to follow in order to score more and go above the cutoff. So, those who are targeting this opportunity need to firstly check the eligibility criteria and then start preparation for it and achieve their aim.
Conduct of Online Testing for AFCAT Examination and Fee Structure: For the first time, online testing will be conducted for AFCAT entry in various AFCAT centers. Candidates registering for AFCAT entry will have to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- as examination fee. However, candidates registering for Meteorology entry and NCC Special entry are not required to pay any amount. Details of conduct, examination centres and mode of payment are given in the notification.
Notification: Detailed notification is available on website https:// careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in . Candidates are to ensure that they have read and understood the details available in the notification before registering.