Indian Army is the backbone of the nation and is also called as the lifeline of the security of the nation. The Indian Army provides several opportunities to the young aspirant to join the forces. The entries are for candidates for almost all age groups and qualifications, starting from 10+2 up to the graduation level. In 2018, there would be total 20 opportunities or ways, that the Indian Army will provide to the aspirant to join the force as an officer. These entries have certain eligibility conditions framed for the candidates. So, here is the summary of all 20 entries along with the basic details about them.
- NDA 1 2018 – NDA I 2018 will be the first UPSC entry for the aspirants who are appearing or have passed 12th class. The age limit for the exam will be 16 ½ – 19 ½ years (born after 02 June 1999 and before 01 June 2002 (Both Dates Inclusive)). Candidates can apply for the entry on upsconline.nic.in in between the time period of 10 January 2018 05 February 2018. The exam will be scheduled on 22 April 2018.
- NDA 2 2018 – The qualification for NDA 2 2018 will be same. The age of the candidate must fall in the range of 02 January 2000 and 01 January 2003 (Both Dates Inclusive). Candidates can apply for it from 06 June 2018 02 to July 2018 on upsconline.nic.in and the exam will be conducted on 9 September 2018.
- CDS1 2018 – CDS 1 2018 will provide the opportunity to the Army aspirants who have passed their graduation or are in the final your of their graduation to join the Indian Army. The candidates for IMA must have their age falling between 2nd January 1995 and 1st January 2000 for OTA, it must fall between 2nd January 1994 and 1st January 2000. The exam forms can be filled online from 08 November 2017 to 04 December and the exam will be conducted by UPSC on 4 February 2018.
- CDS 2 2018 – All graduate candidates appearing in final year or have passed their graduation are eligible for the entry. The age required to apply for it is 2nd June 1995 and 1st June 2000 for IMA and for OTA, the range is 2nd June 1994 to 1st June 2000. The candidates can apply for it in between 08 August 2018 to 03 November 2018 and the exam will be conducted on 18 November 2018.
- Territorial Army 2018 – All graduate candidates, who are gainfully employed are eligible for the entry. The candidate must have his age in the range of 18-42 years. The exam notice will be released in June 2018 and the exam will be scheduled on last Sunday of July i.e. 29th July 2018.
Current Affairs questions will be from last 5-7 months (for AFCAT, NDA, CDS, TA)
- TES 1 2018 (TES 39) – All candidates who have passed 10+2 with 70% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Maths and having their age in the range of 16 ½ – 19-1/2 are eligible for this entry. As per the eligibility criteria, the DoB range is 02 June 1999 to 01 June 2002 and the notification for the entry will be released in November/ December 2017. An official cut-off will be released which will be the base of the student to be called of the SSB.
- TES 2 2018 (TES 40)– It is the 2nd entry of TES that will be served in the mid of 2018. The educational qualification is same i.e. the candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths with aggregate 70% marks. The date of birth of the candidates must fall between 02 January 2000 and 01 January 2003 for this entry. The notification for this entry will be released in May/ June 2018. The eligible candidate will be called on the basis of the official cut-off released by the authorities.
- UES 2018 ( Possibly Discontinued)– University Entry Scheme is released only ones a year and the notification of this entry will be released in August/ September 2018. The entry calls for the engineering students studying in the pre-final year in notified streams. The candidates, who are born on or after 02 January 1994 and before 01 January 2000 are eligible. A selection panel for the Army conducts a small selections procedure at selected campus and selected candidates will be called for SSB for further testing.
- TGC 127 – TGC is opportunity served to the engineering graduates. The candidates, who have passed engineering in the notified stream can apply for the entry. The candidates whose age falls between 02 July 1991 and 01 July 1998 are eligible for this entry and the notification of this entry is released in October/ November 2017. After form submission, an official cut-off is released. The candidates who have scored above it will be further called for SSB.
- TGC 128 – TGC 128 will be the second entry of TGC of 2018. The education qualification is same i.e. the B.Tech candidates, who have passed it in notified streams are eligible for it. The notification of the entry will be released in May/ June 2018 and date of birth of the candidates must fall in the range of 02 January 1992 and 01 January 1999.
- SSC Tech (Men) 51 – It is another entry for the engineering students for short service commission. The notification of first entry of SSC will be released in January/ February 2018. The candidates, who have their age falling between 2 October, 1991 and not after 1 October 1998 are eligible.
- SSC Tech (Men) 52 – The second direct entry of SSC will be SSC tech 52, which is also for B.Tech pass outs. The notification for the entry will be released in August/ September 2018 and the DoB range required according to the eligibility criteria is 02 April 1992 and 01 April 1999. The selection procedure is same as that of TGC.
- SSC tech (Women) 22 – This entry is short service entry for the women candidates who have passed B.Tech in notified streams. The date of birth of candidates must fall between 2 October 1991 and not after 1 October 1998 and the notification of this entry will be released in January/ February 2018.
- SSC tech (Women) 23 – This is the second SSC entry of 2018 for women only. The education qualification will remain the same i.e. all female candidates who have passed B.tech in notified streams. The age range for this entry is 02 April 1992 and 01 April 1999 and the notification will be released in August/ September 2018.
- AEC 127 – The Army education corps is another direct entry that calls for the postgraduates. The candidates, who have passed M.A or M.Sc in notified discipline can apply for it. The DoB range for the entry is 2 July 1991 to 1 July 1995 and the notification of AEC 127 will be released in November – December 2017.
- AEC 128 – It will be the second opportunity for joining Indian Army in education corps. The educational qualification will be same. The age range will be from 2 January 1992 to 1 January 1996 and the notification of the entry will be released in May – June 2018.
- NCC 44 – Those candidates, who have aggregate 2-year service in NCC Sr. Div Army with minimum B Grade in C certificate Exam have NCC opportunity for them. Along with that, the candidate must have score minimum 50% marks in graduation. The age limit for the entry is 02 July 1993 to 01 Jul 1999 and the notification of the entry will be released in January / February 2018.
- NCC 45 – The second NCC entry of 2018 will be NCC 45. The qualification for the entry remains the same, but the date of birth of the candidate must fall between 02 January 1994 and not later than 01 January 2000. The notification of NCC 45 will be released in July / August 2018.
- JAG 21 – The law students have also got a special entry for them. JAG 21 will be for those candidates, who have passed LLB with minimum 55% marks and are eligible for registration in Bar Council of India can apply for this entry. The age limit for this entry will be 2nd July 1991 – 1st July 1997 and the notification of this entry will be released in January/ February 2018.
- JAG 22 – The second JAG entry of 2018 will be JAG 22, which will have same educational qualification criteria. The age limit for it will be 2nd January 1992 to 1st January 1998 and the notification of this entry will be released in July – August 2018.
The above-mentioned entries will provide the opportunity for a wide range of candidates. The Army gives the opportunity to almost every aspirants, who can be productive for the nation and serve the nation in all possible ways. The entries are framed in such a way that these calls the candidates from different field and selects the best for one of the most responsible jobs in the nation. So, all Army aspirants must get through the above crisp summary of all the 20 entries and manage plan their opportunities for 2018.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
Best CDS Book –> Let’s Crack CDS
Best NDA Book -> Let’s Crack NDA
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: