All candidates who are selected will be undergoing tough military training and will be deployed to perform military duties in any terrain, weather and austere conditions. In such conditions ill health of any member of the team can jeopardize the military operations or endanger life of the entire team, therefore medical examinations are carried to select candidates who are “Medically fit to perform military duties in any terrain, weather and austere conditions” candidate should be
- Medically capable of undergoing training and withstand physical and mental demands of performing Military duties of Armed Forces.
- Medically fit to adapt to the military environment without the necessity of geographical area limitations and capable of performing military tasks without access to specialized medical care.
- Free of medical conditions or physical defects that would entail excessive loss of time from duty for treatment and hospitalization.
- Free of contagious diseases that might endanger the health of other personnel.
Every recommended candidate has to go through the medical examination and to join the academy one must be fit as per the given medical standards for respective services. While going through medical examination you will be checked for various conditions.
General methods and principles of medical examination of female candidates will be the same as for male candidates. However, special points pertaining to medical examination of female candidates are given in succeeding paragraphs. A detailed menstrual and gynecological history in the form of a questionnaire is to be obtained from the candidate. A detailed physical and systemic examination will be carried out of the candidate and she should be examined by a lady Medical Officer or a lady Gynecologist only.
CDS 2018 Study Material
To Prepare for CDS SSB Interview Get
For Current Affairs Preparation Download
The examination will include the following inspections
- External genitalia.
- Hernial orifices and the perineum.
- Any evidence of stress urinary incontinence or genital prolapse outside introitus.
All married candidates will be subjected to speculum examination for any prolapsed or growth on cervix or vagina. In all unmarried female candidates, speculum or per vaginal examination will not be carried out.
Ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen and pelvis is mandatory in all female candidates during the initial medical examination.
- Any abnormality of external genitalia will be considered on merits of each case. Significant hirsutism, especially with male pattern of hair growth along with radiological evidence of PCOS will be a cause for rejection.
Following conditions will entail female candidates being declared unfit.
- Primary or secondary amenorrhoea
- Severe Menorrhagia or/and severe dysmenorrhoea
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Congenital elongation of cervix or prolapsed which comes outside the introitus even after corrective surgery.
- Complex ovarian cyst of any size.
- Simple Ovarian cyst more than 06 cm.
- Endometriosis and Adenomyosis.
- Submucous fibroid of any size.
- Broad ligament or cervical fibroid of any size causing pressure over ureter.
- Single fibroid uterus >3 cm in diameter or Fibroids >2 in number, >15 mm in diameter or fibroids causing distortion of endometrial cavity.
- Congenital uterine anomalies except arcuate uterus
- Acute or chronic pelvic infection
- Disorders of sexual differentiation
- Any other condition will be considered on merits of each case by the gynaecologist
Pregnancy would be a cause of temporary rejection. The individual would be advised to report again to the hospital 24 weeks after an uncomplicated vaginal delivery. In case of an MTP/abortion the review will be carried out after a period of minimum four weeks and upto 12 weeks. However, in case of caesarean section delivery, the candidate would remain unfit for a period of 52 weeks. The individual would then be examined by the Gynecologist and assessed regarding her fitness. In cases wherein, a time
period of more than six months has elapsed, post her initial medical examination, she would be subjected to repeat complete medical examination as per the existing regulations.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
Best CDS Book –> Let’s Crack CDS
Best NDA Book -> Let’s Crack NDA
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: