Applications are invited from unmarried eligible male candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch viz. General Service/Hydro, Technical Branch (General Service) and Permanent Commission (PC) Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC) entry in the Indian Navy for Jan 19 Course conducted at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age: Born between 02 Jan 1994& 01 Jul 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualifications:
- Who Can Apply: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering course in any of the under mentioned disciplines from a recognised educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
- Call up for SSB: Candidates will be issued Call Up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their academic performance till 5th/7th semester for all eligible regular/integrated course respectively.
- Minimum %age on Joining INA: The candidates will, however be required to pass final examination (BE/B Tech) with minimum 60% before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off %age will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala
- NOTE: – (i) Only one application is to be filled by a candidate. (ii) Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch/Cadre should mention their preference in the application. (iii) Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference. (iv) However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate Branch/Cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that Branch/Cadre. (v) Once shortlisted for a Branch/Cadre subsequent stages of selection process (SSB, medicals & meriting) will be exclusively for the branch/cadre only. (vi) Technical Branch candidates as mentioned above at Ser. No. (c) & (d) can also be allotted Air Technical Specialization/appointed as Air Technical Officer(s)by IHQ MoD (Navy)and on commissioning, they can also volunteer for Submarine Specialization. (vii) No equivalent stream of BE/B.Tech other than mentioned in the notification linked below will be considered valid for selection process at any stage.
Current Affairs eBooks
Selection Procedure. The selection procedure is as follows:
(a) IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off based on percentage of marks obtained in BE/B.Tech without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam during May – Jul 18. Selected candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
(b) A choice of date for appearing in SSB will be indicated in the application dashboard on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for shortlisted candidates. Candidate is to choose suitable date and submit the same.
(c) SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of SSB Marks depending on the number of vacancies.
(e) Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
(f) Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD (N) at SMS/email (provided by candidates in their application).
(g) No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
(h) AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission. Candidates will carry photocopy of the first page of pass book or cheque leaf where the name, A/C No. & IFSC details are mentioned, while appearing for SSB.
How to Apply: Candidates are to register and fill application on e-recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates are to apply from 05 Jan to 25 Jan 18.
How to prepare for SSB Interview