115 Infantry Battalion (Territorial Army) MAHAR will be conducting recruitment Rally at 118 Infantry Battalion (Territorial Army) GRENADIERS, Fort Sitabuldi, Nagpur (Maharashtra) wef 26 Mar to 30 Mar 2018. Eligible candidates volunteering to join the Territorial Army to report for screening at 0500hrs as per given schedule at Para-6. Document checking, screening, medical test and interview of candidates screened in the rally will be held at the venue.
- Soldier GD – 28 (Twenty Eight)
- Chef Community – 01 (One)
- Tradesman (Equipment Repairer) – 01 (One)
- Tradesman (Tailor) 01 (One)
The Qualitative Requirement (QR) is as under
- For Soldier GD. 10th Pass (SSLC) with 45% marks in aggregate and candidates having qualification for general duty and passed his PUC(10+2) or above need not have 45% or above marks in class 10th or equivalent examinations.
- Tradesman (Chef Community, Equipment Repairer, Tailor). 10th (Simple Pass) and should have obtained proficiency in his trade.
- Physical Standards: Height – 160 cms, Weight – 50 Kgs, Chest – 77-82 cm (with chest expansion 5 cms).
- Age – Between 18 to 42 years.
- Gainfully employed in Govt/Semi Govt/ Pvt Sector or self-employed
- Candidates must be domicile of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Goa, The Union Territories of Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep, Pondicherry
Prior to a volunteer being permitted for appearing for recruitment, the following will be established
- Bears a good character.
- Should have attained the age of 18 years and should not have attained the age of 42 years.
- Should be resident of the States/Union Territories mentioned in para 3 (f).
- If he is in service of any Central / State government or Public Utility service, he has to obtain permission from the Government for enrolment and also a certificate to the effect that his service will forthwith be made available for service in the Territorial Army, whenever required.
- He should not belong to any reserve force.
- He should not be having any reserve liability.
- He should not have been dismissed from service from Territorial Army, Regular Army, Navy or the Air Force.
- He should not be having more than one wife.
- He should not have been convicted of an offence in criminal court.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case by case basis.
- Candidates with tattoos in permissible areas will submit a photograph of the tattoo with details of size and type which will be attached to their selection documents. These will be signed by the individual with an undertaking not to have any additional tattoos thereafter. The format for such certificate is enclosed. This certificate will form part of selection documents and will be countersigned by the selecting authority thus duly authenticating the tattoo in enrolment documents.
- Candidate between 18 to 21 years of age should be in possession of unmarried certificate signed by Gram Panchayat/Sarpanch/Registrar.
Physical fitness Tests
The physical fitness test will be conducted on 26-27 Mar 2018.
Only selected candidates will be called for Documentation, Medical and Interview wef 28 Mar 2018. The following physical tests will be conducted on 26-27 Mar 2018 from 0500 hours to 1330 hours
- 16 Kms Run: Time – 5 minutes 8 40 seconds or less.
- Beam: Candidates should be able to do ten times or more.
- 9 feet ditch: Should be able to cross by jumping.
- Zig Zag Balance: Should be able to qualify.
Area Wise Recruitment Schedule
- 26 Mar 2018 Soldier: Karnataka & Maharashtra
- 27 Mar 2018: All districts of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Goa and The Union Territories of Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Daman Diu, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry
- 28-30 Mar 2018: Medical tests & Interview of screened candidates
The candidates should be physically fit and will undergo a medical examination prior to the enrolment.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidate has to be gainfully employed. Candidates should bring No Objection Certificate from their employer.
- The selected candidates will be employed in 115 Inf Bn (TA) MAHAR.
- Recruit Training. Once the candidates are enrolled, he will be trained as a recruit for the period of one month from the date of enrolment and 09 months Young Soldier training in The Mahar Regt Centre, Saugor (MP). Thereafter he will be embodied as per availability of vacancies.
- Annual Training Camp. The candidates if not already embodied will be called for two months Annual Training Camp each year and will be disembodied on completion of said Annual Training Camp.
- Rule-33 under TA Act 1948 during the emergency period:
- To render military service alongside Indian Army during war & peace.
- To support Indian Army during Counter Insurgency Operations.
- To support the civil administration in maintaining essential service.
- Individual may be called up for longer durations, when called for duty in national interest under Rule – 33. It is obligatory to join duty forthwith under Rule – 33.
Pay and Perks
- During (probation) – Rs 146OD/- appx per month
- After probation – Rs 21700/- (Basic Pay) + 5200/- (MS Pay) + DA per month
- Entailed food, accommodation and uniform.
- CSD facilities.
- Free medical facilities.
- Other allowances at par with Regular Army.
- The following documents (in English or Hindi) are required
- Original and Photocopy of all education certificates along with the mark sheets.
- Original and Photocopy of school leaving certificate.
- Eight passport size photographs taken recently within a month.
- Domicile certificate.
- Character certificate from civil police.
- Married/unmarried certificate duly signed by Registrar Village Sarpanch/Pradhan.
- Candidate below 21 Years of age should be unmarried. An unmarried certificate should be signed by village Sarpanch/Pradhan./Registrar
- NCC Certificate (A/B/C), if any.
- Discharge book in original or photocopy is required for the dependent candidate.
- Relation certificate of the candidate should be signed by CRO/SRO of the concerned Record Office, duly indicating the full details of the Officers personal No, Rank, name and appointment. Certificate issued by any other agency will not be accepted.
- Any addition or alteration in any certificate will debar the candidate for enrolment.
- No Edit photograph will be accepted.
- Service in Territorial Army is part-time. On enrollment, a person has to compulsorily attend annual training camp for two months in a year. In addition to this, he may be called for other types of training, if he is willing to attend.
- Only candidates within the age, education and physical measurement profile meeting the criteria as given in Para 4 above may report at the rally site. Candidates found not having the above-mentioned certificates will be sent back from the rally site.
- Certificate of provisional nature will not be entertained.
- Enrolment is purely merit-based and according to the vacancies available.
- Son of serving Soldiers/ Son of Ex-Soldiers / Son of Widows / Son of War Widows will be given benefits only if they produce the requisite certificate from Record office / DSRS Board / Station Headquarters.
- Candidates are advised to get themselves medically checked before coming for selection in respect of flat foot, vision and minor ailments and also advised to have the wax from their ears removed beforehand.
- The authorities conducting the rally will not be responsible for any accident injuries to the candidates during the recruitment rally.
- Malpractices and attempted enrolment by producing fake certificate during the recruitment rally will call for action against the defaulter by the police. Police pers will be present during the rally.
- Candidates are warned not to pay any money to any agent/touts or make any kind of favourable arrangement with them as there is no way that they can influence recruiting.
118 Inf Bn (TA) GRENADIERS