Download the current affairs questions with answers and current afffairs ebook for April 2018 with around 1085 questions and detailed answers. Download the best current affairs books from ssbcrack shop. Current Affairs ebook PDF covering all the latest current affairs in April 2018 happened around India and the World. The Capsule includes Awards & Recognitions, Science & Technology, Sports related updates, Indian and International Affairs, and Environment related news. Current Affairs PDF will definitely help those who are preparing for competitive exams like NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, UPSC, SSC, Railways, Postal, State level exams and all kinds of Bank exams (IBPS, SBI, RRB, RBI, Defence & Intelligence). Download Current Affairs April 2018 eBook
- Asia’s largest startup conclave named Huddle Kerala will be held in which Indian city?
Answer (A) Thiruvananthapuram- Asia’s largest startup ecosystem congregation, Huddle Kerala, will be held at Kovalam, Kerala on April 6 and 7. The initiative is envisaged to provide a platform for start-ups to pitch their products and interact with a wide array of technology and industry leaders from around the world.
- R K Dorendra Singh who passed away recently was former Chief Minister of which state?
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
Answer (B) Manipur- Former Manipur Chief Minister R K Dorendra Singh has passed away at the age of 83. Dorendra Singh had been chief minister of the state four times between 1974 to 1993.
- Who has been appointed as the first Director General of National Testing Agency (NTA)?
(A) Alok Verma
(B) Tapan Misra
(C) Rekha Sharma
(D) Vineet Joshi
Answer (D) Vineet Joshi- Explanation: The former chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Vineet Joshi, was appointed the first director-general of the National Testing Agency (NTA), an independent body dedicated to conducting entrance tests for higher education in India.
- Which among the given has tied up with Indian Medical Association (IMA) to launch exclusive credit cards for doctors?
(B) SBI Card
(C) IDFC Bank
(D) ICICI Bank
Answer (B) SBI Card- Explanation: SBI Card has partnered with Indian Medical Association (IMA) to launch ‘Doctor’s SBI Card’ which among other things offers professional indemnity insurance cover of Rs 10 lakh to protect doctors against professional risks and liabilities.
- Name the India’s first lady doctor whose 153rd birth anniversary was observed on March 31, 2018
(A) Anandi Gopal Joshi
(B) Monotoshi Roy
(C) Divya Ajith Kumar
(D) Kamini Roy
Answer (A) Anandi Gopal Joshi- Explanation: Google on 31st March, 2018 dedicated its doodle to mark the 153rd birth anniversary of India’s first lady doctor Anandi Gopal Joshi. The doodle is created by Bangalore-based artist Kashmira Sarode, who portrayed Joshi celebrating her medical degree.
- Who among the following has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission?
(A) Sandeep Rana
(B) Srimati Chakravati
(C) Indu Bhushan
(D) V. K. Iyer
Answer (C) Indu Bhushan- Explanation: Indu Bhushan was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Centre’s ambitious Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission (ABNHPM).
- Name the first Indian bank to launch artificial intelligence based voicebot
(A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
(B) ICICI Bank
(C) Axis Bank
(D) South Indian Bank
Answer (A) Kotak Mahindra Bank- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched the country’s first artificial intelligence-powered voicebot in the banking sector. The voicebot has been developed using a library of millions of phone-banking conversations over the past three years.
- Which among the following cricketer has been appointed as the coach-cum-mentor by Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) for the 2018-19 season?
(A) Yuvraj Singh
(B) Yusuf Pathan
(C) Zaheer Khan
(D) Irfan Pathan
Answer (D) Irfan Pathan- Explanation: The Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) appointed former India all-rounder Irfan Pathan as the coach-cum-mentor of its senior state side for the 2018-19 season.
- The foundation stone of the 60 MW Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project has been laid down in which state recently?
(A) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Jammu & Kashmir
Answer (B) Uttarakhand – Power and New & Renewable Energy Minister R K Singh laid the foundation stone of the 60 MW Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project at Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand.
- The Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project (NMHEP) is being developed on which of the following rivers?
(A) Sarju River
(C) Tons River
(D) River Puspawati
Answer (C) Tons River- Explanation: The Naitwar Mori Hydro Electric Project (NMHEP) is located on the Tons river, a tributary of the Yamuna river, in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand.
- Name the Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Power and New and Renewable Energy.
(A) Giriraj Singh
(B) Hardeep Singh Puri
(C) R. K. Singh
(D) Mahesh Sharma
Answer (C) R. K. Singh
- Who is the Chairman of the Kotak Mahindra Bank?
(A) Sanjiv Mishra
(B) Shankar Acharya
(C) V Srinivasan
(D) Rakesh Makhija
Answer (B) Shankar Acharya
- Who is the Secretary General of Indian Medical Association?
(A) Nilratan Sircar
(B) Kumud Sankar Ray
(C) Bidhan Chandra Roy
(D) R.N. Tandon
Answer (D) R.N. Tandon- The Indian Medical Association (IMA) is a national voluntary organisation of Doctors of Modern Scientific System of Medicine in India, which looks after the interest of doctors as well as the well being of the community at large. It was established in 1928 as the All India Medical Association, renamed “Indian Medical Association” in 1930. It is a society registered under The Societies Act of India.
- Where is the Headquarter of SBI Card located?
(B) New Delhi
Answer (A) Gurugram- SBI Cards & Payments Services Pvt. Ltd. is a payment solutions provider in India. It is incorporated as a joint venture between the State Bank of India, India’s largest bank, and The Carlyle Group.