Candidates who are preparing for the CDS NDA and AFCAT exam for defence forces can download the General Science CDS NDA AFCAT 1400+ MCQs eBook linked below. These general science questions will be helpful for the preparation of NDA, CDA and AFCAT questions. The General Sciences question from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are fully covered with theory and solved MCQs with the full explanation.
General Science CDS NDA AFCAT 1400+ MCQs eBook
- A Brief Overview of Science
- General Science at a Glance
- General Science MCQs with Answer and Explanation – 600 (Covers Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
- General Science Quiz Practice (MCQs) – 600 (Covers Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
- Previous Year Questions Asked in NDA/NA Examination with Solutions – 80 MCQs
- Previous Year Questions Asked in CDS Examination with Solutions – 87 MCQs
- Previous Year Questions Asked in AFCAT Examination with Solutions – 37 MCQs
GENERAL SCIENCE – PHYSICS
- Which of the following measurements is not a unit of distance?
Answer: [A] Ammeter
- Which one of the following remains constant while throwing a ball upward?
[B] Kinetic energy
Answer: [C] Acceleration
- Pure water freezes at what temperature?
[A] 47 F
[B] 32 F
[C] 0 F
[D] 19 F
Answer: B. 32 F
- Which vitamin is abundant in citrus fruits?
[A]. Vitamin A
[B]. Vitamin B
[C]. Vitamin C
[D]. Vitamin D
Answer: [C]. Vitamin C
- Zinc Oxide is
Answer: D. Amphoteric
- Which of the following statements is not true regarding LASER?
[A] A LASER is a device that emits light through a process of optical amplification .
[B] LASER beams can be focused to very tiny spots, achieving a very high irradiance.
[C] The emitted LASER light is notable for its high degree of dispersive power unattainable using other technologies.
[D] LASER light is used in bar-code scanners
Answer: C [The emitted LASER light is notable for its high degree of dispersive power unattainable using other technologies.]- The emitted laser light is notable for its high degree of spatial and temporal coherence, unattainable using other technologies.
- If a moving body turns its speed to 1.5 times, what will be the impact on its kinetic energy?
[A] will become 1.5 times
[B] will become 3 times
[C] will become 2.25 times
[D] will become 6 times
Answer: C [will become 2.25 times]- Kinetic Energy is a product of half the Mass times Velocity Squared. When the velocity is doubled, the Kinetic energy would go up four times. If velocity is tripled, kinetic energy would go up nine times. If velocity is increased by 1.5 times the Kinetic energy would go up by 1.5×1.5=2.25 times.
- Two Flat mirrors are placed at an angle of 60° from each other. How many images will be formed of a Candle placed in between them?
Answer: C 
- A tourist, who plans to visit a hill station located at very high altitude also wishes to take along his Television Set. In this context, consider the following:
Cathode Ray Tube TV
Which among the above are expected to work properly at very high altitudes?
[A] Only 1
[B] 1 & 2
[C] 1 & 3
[D] 2 & 3
Answer: C [1 & 3]
- If an egg with shell is placed in a microwave oven, which among the following would most likely happen?
[A] The egg will not get warmed
[B] The egg will get cooked slowly similar to a boiled egg
[C] The egg shell will explode
[D] The egg shell becomes yellow
Answer: C [The egg shell will explode]
- Which among the following is the SI physical unit of dynamic viscosity?
Answer: B [Pascal-second]
- Which among the following phenomena of the optics makes the Endoscopy capable of examining the internal organs such as Abdomen?
[B] Total Internal Reflection
Answer: B [Total Internal Reflection]
- An antenna in a Geostationary satellite should have a minimum beam width of which among the following values to cover the entire earth?
Answer: B [17.34°]- The Geosynchronous satellite is located at 35865 kilometers away from earth. The global or earth coverage antenna should have a beam width of 17.34° to cover the entire earth.
- A piece of Ice was tied with a string to a water bucket’s bottom, and the water bucket was filled with water with ice fully submerged in it. What would be the impact on the level of water when the ice melts away completely?
[A] The level of water will go up
[B] The level of water will go down
[C] The level of water will remain unchanged
[D] The level of water will first increase then come to the previous on
Answer: B [The level of water will go down]- There are two dimensions of this experiment. One is when Ice floats in water and another is as mentioned in the question. When Ice floats in water, the level of water will remain unchanged when the ice melts away because in this situation, Ice replaced water which is `equal to its weight`. But when the floating ice is taken down in the bottom of the bucket and tied over there with a string, and let melt away, the level of water will come down because now the ice was replacing the water `equal to its volume `and Ice has a lower density of water. So The answer of this question is -The level of water will go down.
- A “Charge-coupled device” in the modern Digital Cameras has replaced which among the following in the traditional Cameras?
[C] Photographic film
[D] Flash equipment
Answer: C [Photographic film]