JOIN INDIAN COAST GUARD. EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR DIPLOMA HOLDERS TO JOIN AS YANTRIK 01/2019 BATCH, (COURSE COMMENCING IN FEBRUARY 2019) APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED ‘ONLINE’ FROM 23 JUL TO 01 AUG 18. Applications are invited from Indian male candidates possessing educational qualification and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Yantrik in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
Educational Qualification: Matriculation or equivalent and Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical/Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/Power) Engineering approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% in aggregate. (5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
Age Limits: Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e. born between 01 Feb 1997 to 31 Jan 2001 (both dates inclusive, upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates).
Pay and Allowances: On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay ` 29200/- (Pay Level-5). In addition, you will be paid Yantrik pay @ ` 6200/- plus Dearness
Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
Promotion and Perquisites:
- Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Sahayak Engineer with pay scale ` 47600/- plus Yantrik pay @ ` 6200/-with Dearness Allowance. Promotion to the next Rank and Officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance.
- Free ration and free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
How to Apply
- Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 23 Jul 18 to 01 Aug 18 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button or on the scroll available under heading “NEW EVENTS” in the CG recruitment website. The important instructions for filling of online application are mentioned in the notification linked below.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidate must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/print of the e-admit card. Alternatively, the same can also be retrieved through registered e-mail ID as mentioned in application. Applicants to take printout of the e-admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 13 Aug to 22 Aug 18. For candidates Not meeting the eligibility criteria, a “Rejection slip giving the cause of rejection with the application number” will be displayed. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks.
Last date for applying online: 01 Aug 18 till 1700 Hrs
Current Affairs eBooks
- Current Affairs June 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs May 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs April 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs Mar 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs Feb 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs Jan 2018 eBook
- Call up letters cum e-admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for the recruitment tests, which are scheduled during the month of Oct 2018 would be required to be downloaded from internet site www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The call up letters cum e-admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by 13 Aug to 22 Aug 2018. No separate call up letters cum e-admit card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
- Short-listing criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in the diploma. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications are received.
- The written test will be objective type. The question paper will contain questions from their respective branch (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication) and will also include some questions of general knowledge, reasoning, aptitude & English.
- Those who qualify written test will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be conducted for all those who qualify in the written test. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig i.e. Sport Shoe, T Shirt,
Trouser, socks etc. Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory.
- The PFT will consist as under:-
(i) 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
(ii) 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
(iii) 10 Push ups.
Note: (aa) Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
(ab) The candidates physically challenged are not eligible to apply for this post.
- The PFT will consist as under:-
- Candidates those who qualify the Physical Fitness Test will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection for the said post. Further, the selected candidates will be subjected for the final medicals examination at
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests, depending upon the available vacancies. The all India select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jan 2019.
|TAT eBook||SRT eBook|
|WAT eBook||OIR Test|
|NDA Solved Papers||AFCAT Solved Papers|
|Current Affairs eBook||101 Maths Shortcuts|