5 Best Ways To Join Indian Navy. Indian Navy is one among the four Armed Forces of India. Tasked with a primary objective of securing the nation’s maritime borders, Indian Navy is also used to enhance India’s international relations through joint exercises, port visits and humanitarian missions, including disaster relief. An officer of the Indian Navy has to carry out more or less the same tasks as the officers of Army and IAF. The officers receive their primary training in Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. However there are other institutions too, which train the officers of Indian Navy. Initial training period for direct entry is 22 weeks and for cadet entry it is 4 years. Branch specific training is given after initial training at other naval establishments. Let us see the ways in which you can join Indian Navy, as an officer.
- NDA Entry: National Defence Academy is a tri-service academy, which is like a feeder institution for the Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy and Air Force Academy. Joint training for a period of three years is carried out here, and then candidates are sent for one year pre-commissioning training to their chosen academy. It an excellent opportunity for boys who have just passed out of class 12th to live their dream of working for the Indian Navy. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year.
Exam type Written exam followed by SSB for successful candidates. Gender Men Format Two papers consisting of General awareness, Mathematics and English Educational Qualification 10+2 (with physics and mathematics). Final Years eligible Age 16 ½ to 19 years(at the time of commencement of course) Notification date May and December (Approx.) Exam date April and September (Approx.) Commission type Permanent commission
- 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry: Navy announces it 10+2 Entry which is similar to 10+2 Technical Entry of Army. Boys who have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and secured 70% as aggregate can apply for this entry. This is a technical entry, applications are shortlisted based on the percentage and SSB calls are given to eligible candidates. The training duration is of four years. A degree of Engineering is awarded on successful completion of the training.
Exam type Shortlisting of applications on the basis of percentage followed by SSB. Gender Men Format SSB followed by shortlisting of applications Educational Qualification 10+2 (with physics, mathematics & chemistry aggregate 70%). Final Years not eligible Age 16 ½ to 19 years(at the time of commencement of course) Notification date October/November(Approx.) Commission type Permanent commission
- CDSE Entry: Combined Defence Service Examination is an exam conducted by UPSC, twice every year. CDSE is aimed to select officers for Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. While in Army both men and women can apply, only men can apply for Navy and Air Force. CDS is a written exam followed by SSB interview, and on being successful in that candidates are given the chosen force, based on their marks and available seats.
Exam type Written exam followed by SSB for successful candidates. Gender Men Format Three papers consisting of General awareness, English and Mathematics Educational Qualification B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering Age 19-22 years(at the time of commencement of course) Notification date June and December (Approx.) Exam date August and February (Approx.) Commission type Permanent commission
- UES Entry: This is Short Service Commission entry, UES stands for University Entry Scheme. Pre-final year and final year male students of engineering degree can apply for this entry. There are a number of branches like General Services, Executive entry etc. for which UES entry is conducted. For Naval Architecture Branch women and men both can apply. The specific branches and commission types vary and are mentioned in the advertisement given by Navy.
Exam type Preliminary interview in college followed by SSB for successful candidates. Gender Men Format Indian navy send its invitation and goes for campus recruitment, where it selects certain candidates based on interview for SSB. Educational Qualification Engineering final/pre-final year with 60% aggregate in all papers, with physics and mathematics at 10+2. Branches are mentioned in advertisement. Age 21 -24 Notification date Keep checking you college notice board (Approximately around July) Commission type Permanent and Short Service commission
- Graduate Direct Entries: These are number of entries which require a minimum of graduation. These entries can be for the branches like IT, Logistics, Administration, Observer, Pilot, Education etc. Navy keeps on publishing advertisements for the same at different times of the year. The mode of entry is direct, based on graduation cut-off. Different branches may have different educational qualifications, as required by them. Men and Women both can apply for both SSC and PC.
Exam type Direct. Cut-off percentage decided by Navy, candidates above that are called for SSB Gender Men & Women Format Advertisements are published, candidates apply based on their graduation or Post-graduations, cutoff decided by Navy, above that candidates are called for SSB. Educational Qualification Engineering final/pre-final year with 60% aggregate in all papers, with physics and mathematics at 10+2. Branches are mentioned in advertisement. Age Depends on the advertisement Notification date Keep checking our Website and Career website of Navy Commission type Permanent and Short Service commission