The internet has made life easier, simple and comfortable. The internet has become one of the basic need of the young generation which accounts for a large part of the population. All good things were made for providing relief from physical efforts. Even weapons were invented for personal protection, but now used for violent actions. Similarly internet also got some pros and cons.
- Everything on a Single Click – Internet has eased every task and process that was earlier known for time consumption. It gives easy medium of searching any query. Internet these days has emerged as a dump of knowledge.
- Save Time – All time consuming processes have been made easy as internet released burden of time. Booking e-tickets for bus or train rides or even car ride, shopping online, everything is possible without standing in a queue.
- Quick Reaction – Almost all public forum have complains and grievances segment for customer support that hears the problems and complains of the customer and saves physical efforts for clearing any deal or complain.
- Easy Banking and Finance – Online banking and finance facility has changed the meaning of cash transactions and shortened the queues in banks and financial buildings.
- Social Connectivity – Social networking sites and apps like Facebook, Twitter Skype and many more sites have replaced the telephonic conversation, SMS letters, telegrams and even phone calls. According to a study, the popularity and steep increase in use of android has increased the internet usage by 6-8 folds.
- Employment and Recruitment – Everybody is aware of online employment and army is making moves to start an online recruitment pattern on its websites. Various banking, staff selection commission and UPSC has online form submission criteria for aspirants making it easy to apply and submitting form, paying fees and getting admit card online. Many online jobs like freelancing jobs have given people new phase of earning money at home.
- Censored Data – The craze and fame of internet has increased to such an extent that it is currently being used to dump all kind of data. Some uncensored clips and videos have diverted the minds of new generation. These data have left bad impact on youngsters and are also infecting teenagers.
- Terror Activities – Terrorism has also made internet a medium to spread its tentacles in entire world. ISIS was seen posting ads for recruitment of IT engineers, doctors and other workers for their terror group. Even ISIS made an app which publishes the tweets of group from their Tweeter page.
- Internet Bullying – Internet bullying has emerged as one of the matter of concern among new generation and has caused lot of problems.
- Time wastage in social networking sites – social networking sites and apps have started consuming large fragment of productive time. Excessive use of smartphones and laptops among youngsters absorbs productive time and they unnecessarily give time to them.
- Hacking and Spoofing – Use of internet has taken crime to a new level. Hacking and spoofing has made crime simpler and reduced the frequent catching of culprits and making the cases more complex. These have made national and personal security porous with rise of more crimes. National conflicts also got cybercrime as a new part of war.