AFSB is the same thing as SSB is, i.e. service selection board interview. Here in AFSB AF stands for Air Force. There are four centers in our country where this AFSB interview takes place. Mostly the AFCAT entries and NDA and CDSE entries (who have given their preference as flying) go there for interview. These centers are in Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysore (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB) and Varanasi (4 AFSB). Let us see in detail what happen in AFSB. The whole procedure is being looked upon from AFCAT interview point of view, the timings might differ in case of NDA and CDSE interviews, however the tests remain the same.
5 Days Procedure of AFSB Interview
- Day 1: This is the screening day in AFSB and you are generally asked to report early morning by 6:45-7 am at the railway station. You are taken in a bus from there to the selection center and then the testing begins. First you are asked to fill in some forms, then you are taken for OIR tests. After which PPDT is conducted. Based on the strength, generally the results are announced by 3 pm and the selected candidates are allotted rooms, the remaining are sent to the railway station. The document check follows for the selected candidates immediately and after that you are free for the day.
- Day 2: On the second day the candidates who have applied for Flying branch are taken for PABT tests, which continues generally till 12 pm. After this the psychological tests follow. They are approximately of 2 hours duration and once they are over you are free for the day.
- Day 3,4 and 5: Your interview and GTO tests might fall on any of these days. Generally you get one free day in AFSB. Some of you might have your GTO/Interview on the last day also. Some may have GTO/Interview on the same day but of course the timings won’t clash for the two. You might be required to go directly from GTO to the interview. You are required to carry the folder of all your certificated, academics and extra-curricular to the interviewer. The interview is generally a 30 minutes-60 minutes procedure. You’ll be informed well in advance through a notice placed on the notice board about the schedule of your tests.
- Day 6: This is the conference day. Some may have their interview/GTO scheduled before the conference also. The conference is a place where you get to see all the board members in the uniform. You result is discussed there. You are called in the conference hall and the process is of hardly a minute, it may stretch for border liners. After the conference your results are announced, its lunchtime by now. Those who make through are asked to stay back for the remaining formalities and others are taken back to the railways station.
- Medical: In AFSB the medical may not immediately take place after selection. You will be given a date for the medical.
AFSB Interview Preparation Books and Study Material
|Study Material||Download Source|
|OIR Test eBook [ 150+ Solved Questions]||Download Now|
|SRT Solved eBook [100 Solved Questions]||Download Now|
|Word Association Test [100 Solved Words]||Download Now|
|Current Affairs eBooks||Download Now|
|SSB Interview eBook [FREE]||Download Now|
|My Appointment With A Psychologist eBook [FREE]||Download Now|
|Best SSB Interview Book [Paperback]||Download Now|
|5 Day Complete SSB Interview Video||Download Now|
|500 WAT Words||Download Now|
|50 TAT and PPDT Pictures||Download Now|
|180 SRT Original||Download Now|
|Latest SSB GD Topics||Download Now|
|300 Lecturette Topics||Download Now|