AFSB is the same thing as SSB is, i.e. service selection board interview. Here in AFSB AF stands for Air Force. There are four centers in our country where this AFSB interview takes place. Mostly the AFCAT entries and NDA and CDSE entries (who have given their preference as flying) go there for the interview. These centers are in Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysore (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB), Varanasi (4 AFSB) and Kancharapara (5 AFSB). Let us see in detail what happens at AFSB. The whole procedure is being looked upon from AFCAT interview point of view, the timings might differ in case of NDA and CDSE interviews, however the tests remain the same.
Prepare for your AFSB Interview with best books
5 Days Procedure of AFSB Interview
- Day 1: This is the screening day in AFSB and you are generally asked to report early morning by 6:45 AM – 7 AM at the railway station. You will board in an IAF bus to reach the selection centre. First, you will be welcomed at the AFSB by a senior officer and briefed about the rules and regulations, later you will be asked to fill in some forms followed by a quick breakfast but we suggest to have your breakfast prior to that because the testing will be a long process. Once the paper formalities are done, you will be facing the first test of the SSB interview and that is OIR Test. After which PPDT is conducted. Based on the strength, the results are announced by afternoon and the selected candidates goes to the testing room again for the document verification. The remaining candidates are dropped back to the railway station. The document checks followed for the selected candidates immediately and If you have an issue with documents and you are not eligible for the entry, you will be sent back too or asked to report later in a different batch with complete documents.
- Day 1: Once the document verification is done, all the successful candidates will be facing a long long psychological test till night. You will be tired and broken like anything and you will face a long 4-5 hours psychological tests. This will make this test more challenging and really a psychological challenge. To prepare for this test, do not forget to read Breaking The Code of SSB Psychological Tests
- Day 2, 4 and 5: Your interview and GTO tests might fall on any of these days. Generally, you get one free day in AFSB. Some of you might have your GTO/Interview on the last day also. Some may have GTO/Interview on the same day but the timings won’t clash for the two. You might go directly from GTO for the interview. You are required to carry the folder and all certificates, academics and extra-curricular to the interview, make sure whatever you claim in your PIQ form, you must have proper certificates to verify that, you can not simply say that you left the certificates at home. The interview is generally a 30 minutes-60 minutes procedure. You’ll be informed well in advance through a notice placed on the notice board about the schedule of your tests.
- Day 5: This is the conference day. Some may have their interview/GTO scheduled before the conference also. The conference is a place where you get to see all the board members in the uniform. You result is discussed there. You are called in the conference hall and the process is of hardly a minute, it may stretch for border line cases. After the conference your results are announced, it’s lunchtime by now. Those who make through are asked to stay back for the remaining formalities and others are taken back to the railways station.
- Flying: Flying candidates will go for CPSS and PABT tests.
- Medical: In AFSB the medical may not take place immediately after the selection. You will be given a date for the medical. Ask the board for the procedure when in doubt.
Books for AFSB Interview Preparation [ 100% Recommended]
AFSB Interview Preparation Books and Study Material
|Study Material||Download Source|
|OIR Test eBook [ 150+ Solved Questions]||Download Now|
|SRT Solved eBook [100 Solved Questions]||Download Now|
|Word Association Test [100 Solved Words]||Download Now|
|Current Affairs eBooks||Download Now|
|SSB Interview eBook [FREE]||Download Now|
|My Appointment With A Psychologist eBook [FREE]||Download Now|
|Best SSB Interview Book [Paperback]||Download Now|
|5 Day Complete SSB Interview Video||Download Now|
|500 WAT Words||Download Now|
|50 TAT and PPDT Pictures||Download Now|
|180 SRT Original||Download Now|
|Latest SSB GD Topics||Download Now|
|300 Lecturette Topics||Download Now|