AFSB is the same thing as SSB is, i.e. service selection board interview. Here in AFSB AF stands for Air Force. There are four centers in our country where this AFSB interview takes place. Mostly the AFCAT entries and NDA and CDSE entries (who have given their preference as flying) go there for the interview. These centers are in Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysore (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB), Varanasi (4 AFSB) and Kancharapara (5 AFSB). Let us see in detail what happens at AFSB. The whole procedure is being looked upon from AFCAT interview point of view, the timings might differ in case of NDA and CDSE interviews, however the tests remain the same.
Prepare for your AFSB Interview with best books
5 Days Procedure of AFSB Interview
- Day 1: This is the screening day in AFSB and you are generally asked to report early morning by 6:45 AM – 7 AM at the railway station. You will board in an IAF bus to reach the selection centre. First, you will be welcomed at the AFSB by a senior officer and briefed about the rules and regulations, later you will be asked to fill in some forms followed by a quick breakfast but we suggest to have your breakfast prior to that because the testing will be a long process. Once the paper formalities are done, you will be facing the first test of the SSB interview and that is OIR Test. After which PPDT is conducted. Based on the strength, the results are announced by afternoon and the selected candidates goes to the testing room again for the document verification. The remaining candidates are dropped back to the railway station. The document checks followed for the selected candidates immediately and If you have an issue with documents and you are not eligible for the entry, you will be sent back too or asked to report later in a different batch with complete documents.
- Day 1: Once the document verification is done, all the successful candidates will be facing a long long psychological test till night. You will be tired and broken like anything and you will face a long 4-5 hours psychological tests. This will make this test more challenging and really a psychological challenge. To prepare for this test, do not forget to read Breaking The Code of SSB Psychological Tests
- Day 2, 4 and 5: Your interview and GTO tests might fall on any of these days. Generally, you get one free day in AFSB. Some of you might have your GTO/Interview on the last day also. Some may have GTO/Interview on the same day but the timings won’t clash for the two. You might go directly from GTO for the interview. You are required to carry the folder and all certificates, academics and extra-curricular to the interview, make sure whatever you claim in your PIQ form, you must have proper certificates to verify that, you can not simply say that you left the certificates at home. The interview is generally a 30 minutes-60 minutes procedure. You’ll be informed well in advance through a notice placed on the notice board about the schedule of your tests.
- Day 5: This is the conference day. Some may have their interview/GTO scheduled before the conference also. The conference is a place where you get to see all the board members in the uniform. You result is discussed there. You are called in the conference hall and the process is of hardly a minute, it may stretch for border line cases. After the conference your results are announced, it’s lunchtime by now. Those who make through are asked to stay back for the remaining formalities and others are taken back to the railways station.
- Flying: Flying candidates will go for CPSS and PABT tests.
- Medical: In AFSB the medical may not take place immediately after the selection. You will be given a date for the medical. Ask the board for the procedure when in doubt.
Books for AFSB Interview Preparation [ 100% Recommended]
- Let’s Crack SSB Interview [Book]
- SSB Psychological Tests – Deep Dive [Book]
- OIR Test [eBook]
- Current Affairs [eBook]
- Defence Current Affairs [eBook]
I hv given AFCAT 22015. When and where the result will come ?
I hv given AFCAT 22015. When and where the result will come ?
is eye sight a problem in afcat exam? can a student with high eye sight clear medical test? any rejection for students undergone through lasik operation…can anyone pls reply…
I would like to know whether the documents to be submitted are self attested or attested by an gazetted Officer.
Thank you in advance
during the time period till 25 october I have selected the AFSB date ………. but at that time there was an “ERROR” in downloading the call letter.
Now the i am unable to open my account on the air force site …….
can anybody help me in this situation ???? plzz
can any body tells what are the interview dates in February
hi i hav my afsb varanasi on 9th march ..is there any1 for the same?
hi…. i have fixed SSB interview on 8th december on AFSB 2. Now i cannot access my airforce login because in that page the notification part is empty and i cannot fill it. How can i generate interview card now???
same problem im having too..ive planned evrythin..but what to do nw?
You can access it on 30th oct …You are suppose to download the call letter by 8th Nov
Im working in a private firm,and i have AFSB on nov-17. Unfortunately i have night shift on that week and i couldn’t get leaves .So Can i take my laptop there so that i can work at night ?? do they allow laptops & mobile at mess?? please replay if you have spend 5 days in AFSB recently..
No, they won’t allow phone and laptop. You can carry the same but have to deposit there.
may i knw hw to change the AFSB centre..
4th AFSB Varanasi
Any one else on same date.
Couldnt select Doon as study here only :Grin:
hey tashi gud stuff discussed nd please may I have your email id? …….. I need to clear some doubts regarding AFSB (10 nov 2014)
Hey! i need some help.
can you tell me if my AFSB is on 3rd november, on which date i will be sent back considering that i clear the first day?? actually i have another exam on 9th..so i am really confused over this..
Thanks in advance 🙂
till conference day there will be 6 days considering 3 nov also rest of the details you can check on your call up letter it is mentioned in it.
You were planning for dec na? now how you got nov 3rd? Are you going dehradun sure or somewhere else?
ohk thnq so much 🙂
yea yr..actually i wasnt left with much options as i tried to select my date of AFSB, 3 days back..
i wanted to go to dehradun as its the nearest of all the centres so i had to select 3rd nov 🙁
yea dehradun for sure..and you?
yes dehradun only
yes dehradun only …… all the best (y)
thnks a lot 🙂 n ATB to you too (Y)
and you know what, i have an exam on 2nd. i will be free by
3pm and then i will take a bus to dehradun..nd then after 6 days, i will be
free by 8th nov and i have another exam on 9th 😮 sch a hectic
hello, Have you made it?
How was ur experience?
i have everything positive to say about my experience about AFSB (except the last day result :p)
naah yr..cudnt make it 🙁 conference out 🙁 everything went gud but still cudnt make it thru..
experience was just too gud..it ws my first ssb n i loved it…i am much more dedicted now about becoming a part of air force..the respect, the personality they have is just exactly what i need in my life 🙂
anyways hw ws uas?? uas was on 9th nov if i am not wrng..
yeah mine was on 10 nov but routed back in first 10 mins only :p I missed my 10th passing certificate, and now called again in dec I was having only dmc of 10th std.
may I know about group planning tasks and HGT FGT bla bla….. I am blank all about these how to prepare for these?
oh 😛 neva mind, you still have a chance 🙂
for HGT FGT, i would advise you about few things…firstly, dont try to grab much material or prepare much, just be yourself…seconfly, try to give the best of the ideas you can provide to your team..but yea, if you dun have any idea, just help your team and the ideas given by the other mates..in our batch, one of the student who came up with the least ideas, but helpd all to his best, got selected to our surprise..now, you must have got my point.
then one more thing is never ever violate any rules..dont get nervous, just be confident and be cooperative in the tasks, that is the much needed thing..
Give ua best, you ll be selected..ATB (y)
P.S.: i didnt follow some (1 or 2) of the above rules..so these are outcome of my experience there (y)
thanks for sharing nd what about PABT? what to do in it?