B. Tech / BE candidates who were looking for the Indian Navy pilot entry, the wait is over now. The Indian navy has published the official notification on their website for the Pilot, Observer, and ATC entry. Candidates who are interested can read the eligibility criteria, age limit and other information below. This particular course is going to commence in July 2018. This post will share the various details for the candidates who want to join the Indian Navy as a pilot.
Who Can Apply For The Indian Navy Pilot
- Gender: Both male and female
- Age Limit: Born between 02 Jul 1994 and 01 Jul 1999; both dates inclusive.
- Vacancies: 08 (of which maximum of 02 vacancies may be tenanted by female candidates)
- Education: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course in any discipline from a recognised university / educational institute with at least 60% marks till 5th / 7th semester, in regular/integrated course respectively.
- Minimum %age on joining INA: The candidates will, however, be required to pass final examination (BE/B Tech) / Integrated Course with minimum 60% marks. The candidates failing to meet minimum %age in BE/B.Tech Degree / Integrated Course will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
- Eye Sight: Distant Vision 6/6, 6/9 Correctable to 6/6, 6/6 Should not be colour blind/night blind.
- Height & Weight: 162.5 cms with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
- Commission: Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 14 years. No extension will be given beyond 14 years.
- Training: Pilot candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course (NOC) at INA, Ezhimala followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force/Naval Establishment. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be awarded wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
- Starting Rank: SUB LIEUTENANT (S Lt)
- Starting Salary: 56100-110700(PAY AS PER DEFENCE MATRIX), Level 10, MSP 15500
- Interested and eligible candidates can register on joinindiannavy website after filling correct details.
- The system automatically shows the entry you are eligible for.
- Apply for the Pilot/Observer/ATC entry.
- Fill the application form correctly and submit.
- Take the print out of your application form for the future reference.
- Indian Navy will shortlist the candidates based on their graduation performance, only selected candidates will be called for SSB interview at Naval Selection Board.
- Candidates who clear the SSB interview will go for the medical test.
- Candidates who will come up in the merit list will be sent the joining instructions as per the order of merit and vacancies.
How to prepare for Indian Navy Pilot Entry?
- As this is a direct SSB entry, you don’t need to go through any written exam.
- Candidates must start preparing for the SSB interview through “Let’s Crack SSB interview“
- Other preparation sources:
Note: The selection for SSB interview will be totally based on your graduation percentage. Many candidates who get shortlisted go for SSB without preparation taking it as an easy chance. This will be a golden opportunity if you are selected as many candidates can only dream about it. So make sure you prepare well before going for Indian Navy pilot entry.
Best SSB Book –> Let’s Crack SSB Interview
Best AFCAT Book –> Let’s Crack AFCAT
Best EKT Book -> Let’s Crack EKT
Best CDS Book –> Let’s Crack CDS
Best NDA Book -> Let’s Crack NDA
To crack SSB and AFSB Interview get “Let’s Crack SSB Interview” Book from Flipkart. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants
Also Download Helpful eBooks: