Friend, this article is about various GD topics. As we know G.D. is first test of the GTO series. It is an informal discussion among group members on a certain topic. There are two discussions in first discussion candidates get choice and in second discussion candidates don’t get any choice. Generally both the topics have 3 subtopics. For both discussion 15 to 20 minutes are given to discuss.
This shows the candidate’s knowledge of Current affairs, history and social awareness as well as his/her grouping skills like group coordination, listening power, concentration, communication, speaking tactics, patience etc. Crux of the GTO is knowledge and communication skills. And good thing is that both can be developed by working over it. I am enlisting few topics here to help aspirants in preparation.these are as follows
The GTO in SSB consists of two Group Discussion Rounds. Topics in SSB GD could be from anywhere be it social, national and internal issues. One must have facts and figures handy to speak with confidence and take active participation in the GD.
Here is the list of GD topics that are being asked in SSB Group Disucssion:
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) impact on Indian and Global economy
- Farm Bills 2020 – Pros, Cons & Challenges
- Farmer’s Protest in India
- Ban on Chinese Apps in India
- Modernisation of Indian Army, Air Force and Navy
- Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- E-Learning – Past, Present and Future
- COVID-19 and Health infrastructure of India
- Indian Economy – Past, Present and Future
- Budget 2021 – Pro and Cons
- Should public sector banks be privatised?
- Privatisation of Indian Railways/Trains
- Work from home – Pros & Cons
- Influence of Social Media on Youth
- OTT platforms and censorship
- National Education Policy (NEP) 2020
- India-China relations 2020 – 2021
- Unemployment in India
- India as superpower
- Startups In India
Business & Economy: Group Discussion Topics
- Article 370
- Triple Talak
- CAA and NRC
- Start up India: Boosting Entrepreneurship
- Merger of Public Sector Banks: How beneficial is the merger of Banks?
- Water Transport Tourism: A shot in the Arm for economic development
- Budget Cycle Change: Only a move of convenience
- Bank Recapitalization: NPA reduction and not bank recapitalization can cure the health of PSBs in India
- RERA: Will it restore the trust of home buyers?
- Moody’s Rating Upgrade: Will the improvement enhance economic growth of India?
- YONO: One Banking Digital platform for all financial solutions.
- Demonetisation: Success & failures
- Indian Economic Slowdown: A long term problem, how to come out of it?
- GST: Will economy grow faster with reduced rates of Goods & Services Tax?
- Farmers’ Income: Will India be able to double it in next 5 years?
- Privatization of Indian economy: Should India go ahead with the idea?
- High Deficit Financing V/s high interest rates: Both cannot go together
- Union Budget: Merging the General & Railway Budget will save exchequer from unnecessary spending
- India V/s China: Will India remain way behind China?
- Employment Generation: IT industry will create huge job opportunities in India
- FDI in retail: Good for India?
- Business Lobbying: Make it legal in India
- Corruption in Economy: It is the root cause for Indian Economic slowdown
- Make in India: The idea will make India a manufacturing hub
Current Affairs: Group Discussion Topics
- Sensex: Sensitivity has nothing to do with economy and society?
- Companies Amendment Bill: Will it be helpful in ease of doing business?
- Gujarat & Himachal Assembly elections: Implications at national level.
- IIM Bill 2017: Is it really beneficial for the students?
- End of subsidy regime: Step needed to propel the wheel of growth
- Mission to MARS: Can India afford spending a fortune on such projects?
- E-commerce: Discounts are harmful in long run?
- War Kashmir Crisis: War not dialogue will end the Crisis?
- Preponing the General Budget: Is preponing the presentation date a good decision?
- Terrorism: Is this the price we have to pay for democracy?
- Linking of Aadhaar: Is making Aaadhar mandatory a good idea?
Social Issues: Group Discussion Topics
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao: Will it abolish the orthodox mindset?
- Law should be an instrument of Social Change
- Browsing at Workplace affects productivity
- Social Activism is necessary for survival of democratic society
- India needs a uniform civil code
- Difficulties in implementation of Climate Change Summit Resolutions
- Net Neutrality is essential to make India Digital
- Smart City Project will give wings to growth
- Gender bias in portraying Women in Advertisements
- India needs a uniform civil codea
Abstract Topics: Group Discussion Topics
- Black or Grey
- Work – life balance
- Famous or Important?
- Roses are red, crows are black
- Water or Oxygen
- East or West – India is the best
- Patience: A virtue in business and management?
- Friends, Enemy or Frenemies?
- Innovation vs Invention: What’s more important
- Change is the only constant
- Ethics or Profits
- Freedom is a myth
- Fact Vs Opinion: There are no facts only opinions
- Leader or Follower
- Strategy or Execution
- Means or End
- Hard Work Vs Smart Work
- Effective manager or Ethical Manager
- It was a bright, cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.
- Red is red, blue is blue and never the two shall meet
- Brevity is the soul of wit
- Gender bias in portraying Women in Advertisements
[…] this post we will be talking about 50 group discussion topics which you might face in SSB interview or any other interview for that matter. These are the basic […]
I would like to know views of people on USA’s ignorant behavior towards ISIS problem…..
is it really like true that USA policy is that there is no policy….????
Great Post! shared topics are very useful and help the people to improve their knowledge. Thanks for sharing.
Most happening topics for group discussion by Editorial team. These
topics are very useful and improves our knowledge. But how to face these group
discussions is also an important factor.
To participate in such kind of group discussions people feel
shy or tensed. To overcome such kind of situation I went through the article by
Zelie in ‘BEyond’ which, has some interesting guidelines and inputs for the
Multi Party Biparty system .. which is better ?
Border Dispute Management – How can we manage and get on ?
Considering the present situation of India or any other federal democratic nation, biparty system is the better one coz it reduces the chances of chaos for the voter to elect his govt…..moreover, the efficiency of administration increases a lot coz only two parties asre prsent.. the governing and the opposition…….