TAT Thematic Apperception Test is the first test of phase-2 screening. It contains 11+1 pictures. The first 11 pictures contain a series of slides on which you’ll have to write stories on. And the last slide will be a blank slide out of which you can write any story but make sure the story will have your life experiences or problems you have faced and how you overcame those problems. One gets 30 second to see the picture and then 4 minutes for writing a story around it.
TAT and PPDT Story Writing Tips
- It’s not a test for beauty of expressions, so, do not use heavy-duty words and do not try to over show your ideas through writing. You just have to make a story around the picture.
- The psychologist will test your personality using TAT, WAT, SRT, and self description.
- All the tests are used for analyzing your personality and to check whether you have officers like quality.
- Always remember, the answers of TAT, WAT, SRT and self description are compared with one another to find out the real personality of the candidate.
I am taking an example so that I can help you to understand how to make story out of the picture.
|TAT Sample Picture
What I can see in the picture is an old lady age of around 45-50 who is lying on the bed looking gaunt and a boy of around 20-22 age group. The boy looks in positive or neutral mode. The background looks like inside a house.
Person Y is a boy of 22 and he was keenly interested in social help. He started to take tuition of all the street children who used to live in the nearby. One day he visited one of his students’ houses and found out his mother was sick. So he quickly with the help of some people took her to the hospital where she was treated and became fine. Or
Person Y is a boy of 22 and he was average boy who is very fond of outdoor games and exercise. One day his friend’s mother fell in their house and hurt herself. She was diagnosed with a hair line fracture and was advised to bed rest. So Y helped his friend in his studies and his household work and helped his mother in exercise to revive.
Interpretation of the story
- The hero of the story undertook the challenge, the hero has a sense of responsibility for his society and he doing something to make a change in his surroundings.
- His punctuality, dedication and schedule reveal his planning and organizing ability.
If in a picture: A boy’s hand is placed on his head. The idea is: X is a boy, who lost his job in the time of recession. Now, he uses social networking sites to track HRs of different companies, after few months he got an interview call. If in a picture: there are 2 girls. Then the idea is: To interpret one boy and then you can make your situation accordingly to illustrate women empowerment, harassment issue, women education like issues If in a picture: 2 people are fighting. The idea is – they are performing under karate, taekwondo, or a boxing match.
So you can easily make a story by observing a picture carefully and by correlating with a practical problem.