Hello future air warriors, AFCAT is going to held very soon on 24 Feb 2013. To pass AFCAT written exam, you may need a very sound preparation because you can not underestimate the level of AFCAT written exam. With time, the number of applicants are increasing, so the level of competition.
AFCAT has following phases:
- Apply for AFCAT [ Online only]
- Clear written test of AFCAT
- Attend AFSB [ Air force selection board] interview.
- Get recommened.
- Clear your medical examination.
- Get in all India merit list.
- Join Air force academy.
Syllabus of AFCAT:
- General Awareness – History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
Marks Division in AFCAT:
- General Awareness: 75 Marks.
- Verbal Ability in English: 75 Marks.
- Numerical Ability: 75 Marks.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: 75 Marks.
Sectional Cut Off Marks:
- There is no sectional cut off, try to get as many as marks you can score in your strong section.
Cut Off Marks in AFCAT:
- Luckily, Indian air force revealed AFCAT cut off marks of last AFCAT examination. The Cut off marks were 141 out of 300, so if you do 48 correct questions that would do. Cut off may increase in AFCAT 2013 so just keep a benchmark in your preparation.
Tips for AFCAT 2013:
- Start with your strong part, grab as many as marks you can.
- Avoid guess much, do it last, remember, you have to do minimum 50 correct questions [ without any negative marks].
- Start preparation, buy a good preparation material.
Best AFCAT Preparation Book:
2: A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning: If you are defence aspirant and also attempting other exam then this book is very helpful for preparing Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning questions, you can prepare for AFCAT from this book , for AFCAT just prepare the topics mentioned above.
3: Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations: Another good book to prepare for Quantitative aptitude question for any examination , it is very helpful for AFCAT preparation , just prepare the topics from this books which comes in AFCAT under Numerical Ability.