AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year. Next AFCAT, Air Force Common Admission Test will be held on 25th August, 2013, you can find the updated syllabus of AFCAT 2013 below. Though there is not much difference between the old and new syllabus of AFCAT 2013.
AFCAT questions paper has four different sections, which are General awareness, Verbal ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test. All sections are again categorized which will give you clear idea of what to prepare for AFCAT 2013.
AFCAT Syllabus 2013
- General Awareness: This is basically to check your general awareness.
- History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit and loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
There are total 100 questions in AFCAT questions paper, each question carries three marks. There is also negative marking in AFCAT, for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted and for every correct answer you will get three marks. Maximum time duration of AFCAT is two hours.