AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year. Next AFCAT, Air Force Common Admission Test will be held on August, 2016, you can find the updated syllabus of AFCAT 2016 below. Though there is not much difference between the old and new syllabus of AFCAT 2016.
AFCAT questions paper has four different sections, which are General awareness, Verbal ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test. All sections are again categorized which will give you clear idea of what to prepare for AFCAT 2016.
AFCAT Syllabus 2016
- General Awareness: This is basically to check your general awareness.
- History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English: This section is to test your English language skills.
- Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability: This section has basic questions from 8th to 12th class, to check your basic level numerical ability.
- Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit and loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: To check your basic level of military aptitude.
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
There are total 100 questions in AFCAT questions paper, each question carries three marks. There is also negative marking in AFCAT, for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted and for every correct answer you will get three marks. Maximum time duration of AFCAT is two hours.