The personal interview at SSB is a part of 5 days of testing, the personal interview or PI requires more preparation than any other test. Whatever you speak during PI counts and adds it to your personality, also interviewing officers try to know more about you by asking questions of different levels.
If you are a repeater then you may know that a few basic questions are always asked by interviewing officer. Interviewing officers ask you a series of questions at once and you are required to answer them one by one. It is not difficult if you listen to IO carefully, be calm and start answering one by one in a normal fashion. To help you, below are the few basic questions asked during the personal interview.
SSB Interview Rapid Fire Questions Asked
- Name of the place you come from ?
- Institution where you had your education ?
- Your 10th class marks ?
- Favourite subjects in 10th class?
- Favorite teachers in 10th class, why?
- Teachers you didn’t like in 10th, why?
- Your 12th class marks?
- Favourite subjects in 12th class?
- Favorite teachers in 12th class, why?
- Teachers you didn’t like in 12th, why?
- Any competitive exam after 12th, what was the result?
- Your graduation %age?
- Why did you choose Btech/BSc/etc?
- Participated in any extra curricular activities?
- Any special achievement?
- Who all are there in your family?
- What all they do ?
- How do you pass time?
- How do you spend your pocket money or income?
- Tell me something about your friend?
- Who is your best friend?
Counter questions based on your answers:
- Why your % is less in 10th/12th ?
- Why your marks are less in your favorite subject?
- Why did you stop playing xyz in college?
- How did you prepare for xyz competitive exam?
- Why did you fail in xyz competitive exam?
- Why didn’t you try for NDA after 12th if you were keen to join Defence?
- Why you failed in NDA?
- Why your %age is less in graduation?
- Why your job is different from what you have studied, why didn’t you join in your core field?
- Why you are not doing any job after your graduation?
- What competitive exam you are preparing for?
- What else if not Defence officer?
- What is your future plan?
- What xyz is your best friend?
- What qualities you look in a friend?
- What bad habits your friends have?
- Do you drink, smoke, go to prostitutes?
- What your friends think about you?
- What is the xyz rule in xyz game?
- How would you organize a game of xyz in your college?
- What is the latest international news?
- Do you know about “xyz” which was in the news recently?
- Why your GK is so weak ?
- As you are an electrical engineering, define current ?
- What do you know about Indian Army?
- I guess you are not fit for defence officer, what do you think?
- What are the dimensions of the xyz game court?
- What is the best and worst part in your current job?
- Why you failed in previous SSB attempts?
- Tell me something about your hobby of xyz ?
- Why do you want to join defence?
- What next if you do not get recommend this time?
- Do you want to ask something?
1.If I meet ur best friend what he will tell me about you.
2.With whom do you discuss ur problems (in your family/friends and what problem u have discussed last time)?
I am 2012 pass out in engineering recently visit ssb he ask why did not I join a job ; I said I didn’t clear any job written exam but in reailty I didn’t get any opportunity for job what should be appropriate answer for it plzmail me firstname.lastname@example.org
At bhopal i was asked the question as below
“What kind of people you would like to keep away from you”
It is not true that the armed forces don’t take emotional people. A senior of mine was asked about his girlfriend. He said the truth that he actually has a girlfriend and was also recommended without any problem
i du agree but frnd human r d only creature who r gifted vid this beautiful thing called emotion….so been emotional is not bad……it is not a bad point…but at d same time ur decision shld not b emotional….dat’s wht it matter..
sory frnd but i dont agree vid u the society is changing rapidly…eg…pahle joint family hoti thi par ab nai dats’ was also a part of indian culture….and every relationship between a boy and girl is not abt physical only …there is love also…….kkkkk and there r many ppl who have changed d world for that matter…..so as long as u r in true relationship u can tel them truly………
no my frnd but u shld have sum alternate ways if not extra activi…..to keep urself on and keep u connected to outside world
M a Biotech graduate,. please tell what will be the appropriate answers to these questions?
hey even i m doin biotech.biotech is a dynamic subject and we can help themin food biotech!
is it necessary that a person should have active participation in extra curricular activities? if 1 does not took part, is it a concern for a candidate in ssb .pls throw some light on this .would be grateful
my frnds were askd… do u hav a gf..??? if hav y..??? if no y..???? lol
answer: No sir i dont have any girlfriend bz this relation is not accepted in our society, service as it involves physical relation and it also leads to wastage of time and distract our mind
tell me 5 national and 5 international news and why do u consider then as national and international news..??
and also the meaning of your name.. these two questions where also asked from me at allahabad board. and rest all above question will be asked to as above.
Sir pls post some critical situation puzzles that can be asked in pi
Yes,You will get some tricky ones and you can rarely prepare for it.All it matters is the ability to handle such questions.So believe your abilities 🙂
Sir How much time we should take to complete answer asked by IO except Rapid fire question..30sec ..1 mnt/or 2mnt?????????????
Any clue about the Allahabad SSB dates for 135th DE IMA 135 CDSE 2 2012?
1. What is the role of Biotech in Indian Army?
2. As a biotech engineer how are you better then other graduates in a soldiers roles? ( specifically answer).
3. Which arms/ services biotech engineers serve in Indian Army?
i said that i m very emotional and love my parents and want to live with them . The IO said that u should better go for engineering.
dude…everyone loves thr parents,,,but we need to care for the nation first,,,,Army never selects emotional persons,,,…tht is y SSB is conducte 🙂
You should have said but living for the nation is my priority
Thank you Admin