Friends this time I want to share my experience about PSB of Indian Coast Guard. Actually it is similar to the screening process of SSB to which many of us are familiar. But in coast guard it is little bit different as it has two elimination rounds, so it is also beneficial for a candidate if one wants to know where he is lacking to get screen in, in SSB. As I mentioned it is a two phase process i.e. one OIR test and one PPDT. It takes 2 to 3 days depending upon number of candidates present there.
OIR Test in Indian Coast Guards
The OMR sheet is given to candidates and while solving you need to put your responses into that each question have 5 options, and only one is correct. No extra time is given to fill omr sheet.
- In section 1st: 5 series completion questions and 5 blood relation questions are there. You are provided 60 seconds for each questions means after 60 seconds, the next question will be on screen and you will not be able to get back to it if you are not quick enough. Same thing applies throughout the test.
- In section 2nd: 5 synonym and 5 antonym questions. Number of questions10 and each question is given 5 seconds.
- In section 3rd: spelling mistakes or to find correct word .10 questions each given 8 seconds.
- In section 4th : memory test- in this a no. or word is shown to you for 4 seconds and it will disappear and in next 4 seconds options will be shown you need to mark what you have seen. 10 questions and 8 seconds are given for each. Length of number or word increases as test moves further.
- In section 5th: question on how many words can be formed using alphabets of a given word with some given constraints. 10 questions are there and 60 seconds for each question.
- In section 6th: rotation (clockwise/anticlockwise by a specific angle) +mirror image, 10 questions are there and 20 seconds for each question.
- In section 7th: there will be 20 in total.12 questions on counting the occurrence of a digit or an alphabet in a given array of digits or alphabets. And for these 10 seconds are given to each question. Example:”BJDGWERYERYTTTJSTTDFGRZASERT”. In the above series, find the number of “T” in that. The answer is “6”
- For remaining 8 questions are puzzle type questions in which a object like tomato or cat is in pieces and you need to identify what the object is? For these questions you are given only 3 seconds for each.
Result of OIR Test
PPDT and Final Result
This PPDT is similar to that of SSB screening, but usually clear picture is shown instead of hazy picture. You will get time of 4 minutes to write a story and then groups will move to discussion .with a strength varying from 15 to 20. And after discussion results are out in 10 minutes. And those who get selected will be screened in. and when psbs are over selected candidates will be called to attend FSB.