Indian Army Dental Corps Recruitment Notification 2018. Applications are invited from Indian citizens, both male and female, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army Dental Corps. Applications are invited from Indian citizens both male and female, who have passed their final BDS examination & completed a compulsory rotatory internship, for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Army Dental Corps.
VACANCIES: A total of 34 (Thirty-Four) vacancies are available for the grant of SSC to desirous civilian Dental Surgeons.
QUALIFICATION: Candidates must be BDS/MDS (with minimum 55% marks in final year BDS) from a College/University recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI). He/she should have completed one-year compulsory rotatory Internship mandated/recognized by DCI by 31 Mar 2018 and must be in possession of Permanent Dental Registration Certificate of State Dental Council/DCI valid at least up to 31 Dec 2018.
Note: Only those candidates (BDS/MDS) who have appeared in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test, NEET (MDS)-2018 conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi, under the aegis of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, on 07 Jan 2018, at various examination centers of NBE, are eligible to apply. Candidates must submit the copy of Mark-sheet / Score card of NEET (MDS)-2018 along with the application.
AGE LIMIT: The candidate must not have attained 45 yrs of age as on 31 Dec 2018.
Army Dental Corp SELECTION PROCEDURE
Selection procedure shall be as follows: –
(a) Screening for Calling for Interview: Candidates for interview are shortlisted on the basis of the marks scored in the National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test, NEET (MDS)-2018 conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi, under the aegis of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The list formulated will be utilized for screening of candidates in the ratio of 1:10 to be called for interview, i.e. for each advertised vacancy ten candidates will be called for interview.
(b) Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called to appear for interview before a duly constituted Selection Board, at New Delhi to assess their suitability & merit for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps. The final merit list for Grant of SSC for all candidates who have appeared for the interview will be based on the performance in the interview alone. The candidates who qualify in the interview will be subjected to Medical Examination.
Download Current Affairs eBooks for the exam
- Current Affairs Mar 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs Feb 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs Jan 2018 eBook
- Current Affairs Dec 2017 eBook
- Current Affairs Nov 2017 eBook
- Current Affairs Oct 2017 eBook
(c) Medical Examination: All the candidates who are provisionally placed on the merit list will have to undergo a detailed medical examination for ascertaining their medical fitness. The decision of the Medical Board will be final.
Read Official Notification – Will be updated soon
For more information, see Employment News/Rozgar Samachar issue of 05 May 2018. Details of Eligibility, Terms & Conditions, Instructions and Format of Application will be available on the website www.indianarmy.nic.in from 05 May 2018 onwards.
Books for SSB/AFSB Interview Preparation [ 100% Recommended]
Indian Army is inviting suitable candidates for grant of short service commission in Army Dental Corps aka AD Corps. Candidates with BDS and MDS with minimum 55% marks and from a college/university recognized by Dental Council of India [DCI], can apply.
- Candidates must be BDS (with minimum 55% marks in final year)/MDS from a College/University recognized by Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Should have completed one year rotatory Internship recognized by DCI by 31 Oct 2012.
- Should be in possession of Permanent Dental Registration Certificate valid at least upto 31 Dec 2012.
- Should be less than 45 years of age as on 31 Dec 2012.
- Should be medically fit in all respects for service in the Armed Forces.
- Short-listing for interview: BDS candidates found eligible will be short-listed based on their Final BDS marks and attempts taken in Final BDS. Short-listed candidates will be called for interview. All MDS candidates found eligible & in possession of MDS degree will be called for interview. There will be no short-listing in their case.
- Medical Examination: Candidates provisionally placed on merit list after interview by Selection Board will be brought before a Medical Board for ascertaining their Medical Fitness.
Whom to Apply
- Candidates should apply to the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS/DENTAL), Room No.12, ‘L’ Block, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi – 110001, on a separate plain paper giving particulars in the application form as per attached specimen format, so as to reach by 31 Oct 2012. Candidates who have applied earlier may also apply if they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- This Directorate General reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
- The application form can also be downloaded from website www.indianarmy.nic.in.