ACC Exam is conducted in two stages, i.e. written exam and SSB. While for SSB a different kind of preparation is required for which you can stay in touch with our website, various books can be referred to for the written exams. Written Exam for Army Cadet College consists of four papers. Each paper is of three hours duration and is of 300 marks each.
- Paper 1 – General Mental ability test (GMAT)
- Paper 2 – Current & General awareness test (CGAT)
- Paper 3 – Interactive Communicative English (ICE)
- Paper 4 – Academic Content Test (ACT)
- Indian Army ACC Army Cadet College Entrance Exam with Model Paper by Arihant Publications: This book published by Arihant Publications and authored by Manoj Tayal, Prakash Kumar is a complete package for preparation of written exams. This book contains introduction of the full syllabus and measures to succeed in this exam. This book has content for all the four papers like General Mental Ability Test (Reasoning Verbal Non-Verbal), Current & General Awareness (History, Geography, Polity, Indian Economy), Interactive Communicative English, Academic Content Test (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics). Apart from this the book has model test papers as well. The written price of this book is 340 INR, however you can get it for discounted price. Buy it from Flipkart
- Army Cadet College (ACC) Exam Guide by Ramesh Publishing House: This is a book by RPH Editorial Board and is published by Ramesh Publishing House. This comprehensive book is useful for the purpose of Study and practice of questions based on the latest pattern of the examination. This book includes study material and model Test paper (Solved). Detailed Answers have also been provided for the questions for better understanding of the Candidates. It contains material on all the four papers. The written rice of this book is 310 INR, but it is available at discounted prices.
- English for Competitive Examinations by Pearson Education: This book written by Edgar Thorpes and Showick Thorpe and published by Pearson Education is a solution for English in most of the competitive exams. Thus it is beneficial for not only ACC but for many other exams. It provides a complete package to the aspirant, thereby, providing both the conventional type (that are typical of any test) as well as the newly-introduced questions. A work book approach has been followed in this book thus providing a detailed and thorough coverage of the topic by means of ample practice questions. Topic-wise study material for each type of question includes an explanation about the type followed by the format of questions. A separate word list and a set of Grammar rules have been provided as well. The written price on this book is 215 and it is again available at discounted prices.
Note: Candidates can get these books from local book shops however cheaper option is buy them online through websites such as www.flipkart.com and www.amazon.in .
Apart from these books candidates can refer to solved papers and practice papers for better preparations. It is always good to refer the basic books of 10th level for Science, Geography, History and Polity. Thus you can refer to NCERT, ICSE books for understanding things in greater detail.