Indian Coast Assistant Commandant recruitments are done in two phases, Preliminary Selection Board and Final selection Board. This exam is quite similar to the SSB Interview conducted by the Army, Navy and Airforce. There are some books which may help you in preparing for this exam.
Best Books for Indian Coast Guard Exam Preparation
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal: This book is a complete package for all kinds of verbal and non-verbal reasoning questions. The variety of questions and the number of exercises in this book make it a must have for all kinds of competitive exams. The written price of this book is INR 725, however you can get it on discounted rates from the internet.
- Modern SSB Interviews: by Col. Kuldip S. Dosanjh: Since there is not much difference between SSB interviews and PSB/FSB of Coast Guard, hence this book will guide the aspirants through the whole process. The book starts with an introduction to the Armed Forces as a choice of career and followed by subsequent chapters comprehensively cover various aspects of the SSB, like factors assessed, the five-day cycle, the basic screening test, information required from the candidate, and train-ability of the candidate. Relevant topics like hobbies, interview techniques, and psych techniques are also covered in the book. The written price of this book is INR 255.
- SSB: What? How? And Why? by J.B. Mall: This Upkar Publications book is yet another good guide for the SSB interview preparations. It gives an insight on to all tests conducted in the SSB, or PSB/FSB for that matter of fact. The written price of this book is INR 185.
- Yearbooks: Any of the yearbooks can be referred for increasing your GK and knowing about the happenings. Yearbooks give you a good detail of the events and issues that took place in the previous year. They have detailed articles on burning topics which help you to get the detail of the topics. Some examples of yearbooks are: Manorama, Chronicle Yearbook, Competition Success review yearbook etc. The price range for yearbooks is INS 200-250.
- Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Exam Guide: This is book by RPH editorial board. However the reviews by the candidates are not very good and it doesn’t give the pattern of the exam yet it is useful for practicing the things like Reasoning and GK.