Indian Air Force has published a notification for male and female aspirants to join Meteorology Branch of IAF in January 2015. Applications are invited from Indian Citizens as per Citizenship Act 1955 for the following course commencing in January 2015 for grant of Short Service Commission in Meteorology Branch. 30 SSC, 46 Short Service Commission (46 SSC) Course and 137 GDOC permanent commission.
Eligibility Conditions Meteorology Branch 2015
- Age: 20-25 Years as on 01 January 2015 i.e born in between 02 January 1990 to 01 January 1995. The upper age limit is relaxed upto 27 Years (i.e born in between 02 January 1988 to 01 January 1995) for candidate who have completed Ph D after completing following educational qualification as below.
- Educational Qualifications: Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks scored in each subect)
- Physical Standards: (i) Height and Weight: Minimum height :- Women/Men – 152/157.5 Cms with correlated weight. (ii) All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.
- Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate latest by 15 December 2014.
Selection Procedure of Meteorology Branch
- Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for Meteorology Branch. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage-II Testing consisting of Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Four Days)
How to Apply for Meteorology Branch
- Candidates are to complete the application as per format given in this advertisement, and forward the same to POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI -110106 by ordinary post only.
- Superscribe the envelope with APPLICATION FOR METEOROLOGY BRANCH COURSE COMMENCING FROM JANUARY 2015’Application must be accompanied with the following:-
- One self addressed envelope (size – 23 X 10 cm) with Rs 27/- postage stamp.
- Two unattested recent colour photographs similar to the one pasted on the application form