Board conference is the last part of testing at SSB. It happens on the last day of your stay there, i.e. the sixth day. Let us see in detail what the conference is. What is Board Conference: In a room all the members of that SSB board are seated in a U shape format; the members include psychologists, GTOs, interviewers and the board president. The candidates are called in one by one inside the room, asked few general questions and then asked to leave.
Purpose: The purposes of the board conference are many. Since there are many members in the board and you get to meet only three of them mainly, i.e. psychologist, GTO, and the interviewer, so in the board conference you get a chance to meet all the members of the board, you get a chance to see all of them in the uniform. The three assessors who access you in different techniques of testing discuss their result in the board conference, as they can’t discuss their result before that. In case of any doubtful case few additional questions might be asked to clarify the doubts. One more purpose of the conference is to present you in front of the board.
- How was your stay?
- How were the facilities of food, lodging etc?
- Any suggestions you want to give to the board?
- In which of the testing you think you performed best?
- Rank your performance in the three testing’s.
- Rank your performance in your group.
- Who do you think performed the best in your group apart from you?
- Tell any two people who can be recommended from your group.
- What did you learn in the past few days at SSB?
- What qualities of yourself did you discover in SSB?
- SSB Interview Preparation Guide eBook Download
- Recent Interview Questions at Navy SSB
- Everything You Should Know About Personal Interview in SSB
- Services Selection Boards of the Tri-Services