SSB is a unique test; one cannot compare with your previous experiences. That is why candidate remain unsure about it – how to crack, how to face, how to prepare so on. Most of these questions create numerous conflicts in the mind of candidates until they go through the entire process of SSB. Facing SSB is nothing but it’s all about how you manage your perception, state of mind and focus.
- What is perception management – Perception means when you look at an object or stimulus you see two sides of it – positive or negative or another possibility deny it. When you reverse your actual perception means distortion of perception. That is why most of the candidates commit mistake in their approach in handling SSB process. Remember perceive as shown to you, whether negative or positive and never ever deny it. It is a myth that you always have to think or write positive.
- State of mind – SSB is all about expressing your intellectual level whenever you are required to do so or given a chance. Leader always think, apply his mind and lead from front. Go with relax mind so that brain can function at its best. There is nothing in SSB, which you cannot handle. It’s all about applying your self at the right time and place.
- Focus – Regular preparation and focused approach would make you confident. Improve your listening skills, as during SSB you have to listen then act as per instructions whether it is interview, GTO or psych testing.
- Treat SSB like university or school examination.
- Have fear of unknown in spite of having numerous feedbacks.
- Perceiving stress in the environment, this leads to low-level performance.
- Candidate displays inconsistent behavior during the course of SSB, which he manifests from highly stressful to over confident state of mind during the course of SSB, both of these will take him nowhere. What matters is balance and consistent performance.
- Take ideas from non- assessor, rejected or selected candidates or from books available in the market, which create lot of confusion in mind.
- Always clarify your doubts from expert so that your perception is not confused.
- Always perceive as shown to you and do not distort your perception whether it is TAT, WAT or GTO Tasks.
- There is nothing in SSB that you cannot do then why have fear of unknown.
- Learn to express 15 officers like qualities through various tasks.
- Handle one task at a time. Do not start thinking of next tasks when first one is going on.
- Each test and task carry equal weightage so keep on performing to achieve positive result.
- Do not give up even if you have not done well in one technique or task.
- Concentrate on your personal performance in relation with your group.
Also Read: SSMentors SSB Training, Gurgaon, Delhi