Hello, heroes after tremendous success of our first article, we are back with one more. This time we will discuss the SAARC Summit in detail.
WHAT IS SAARC?
- The recently concluded summit was held in kathmandu on 26th and 27th November. All the eight nations were represented by their respective heads.
- The motto of this summit was “deeper integration for peace and prosperity”. There were various issues discussed in the meet regarding greater cooperation between nations, energy pacts, roadways and railway pacts.
- A direct bus service has been started from New Delhi to Kathmandu. A pact on energy cooperation has also been signed by all the eight nations.
- The saarc collectively aims to alleviate poverty, curb drug abuse, prevent trafficking of people, annihilate exploitation of children and to increase agricultural cum nutritional security amongst the southeast asian nations.
- The saarc also envisages the south east Asia as a fulsome tourist destination. Apart from this, there is also a demand for ease of business, level playing field in trade and initiatives in health and tourism across the region.