SSB is a five day long selection process and where every individual is tested on various parameters and there is search of OLQ’s. Once the officer like qualities are found that individual is recommended at the end of fifth day. SSB seems to be a tough exam because the elimination ratios are very high here. A lot of people are eliminated on the very first day and very few get chance to stay there for the rest of the four days. But believe me those who make it are a changed personality altogether. You are made felt like an officer there and also treated like one. So first day is crucial to all and it comprises of written aptitude test followed by PPDTwhich means picture perception and discussion test.
In this article let’s concentrate on PPDT so that you are ready to clear this round.
- How many characters you see in picture and their position needs to be marked in a box in answer sheet.
- What was the mood of the character, their sex and age?
- You are also asked to identify main character of your story.
- Hero should be of similar age as of you.
- Hero of story should do something great then only the word hero has a real meaning.
- There should be a problem in a story and it should be solved also.
- Story should be natural and acceptable to all. That means it should have actions that could be done by human beings.
- Don’t ever try to make a GD room a fish market. Since everyone tries to get his / her story implemented so it’s necessary that you should go with group and try to conclude.
- Enter at appropriate point to get group in one direction if there is digression.
- Don’t allow to form subgroups and if formed ask people to discuss collectively.
- Give chance to people who have not got one.
- Try to enter 2-3 times depending on time given with each time speaking for 30-45 seconds. The matter should be good enough to attract attention of all.