Major Amit Deswal of 21 Para was martyred yesterday in an encounter with Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF) militants in Manipur’s Tamenglong district. Deswal, a resident of Surehti in Haryana’s Jhajjar district, is survived by his wife and a three-and-a-half years old son.
Here are some inspiring facts about Major Amit Deswal
- Maj Amit Deswal was commissioned on 10 Jun 2006 into Regt Of Arty.
- He opted for Special Group at first but finally opted and was selected and marooned into the coveted PARA Special Forces
- He joined the elite PARA unit in Jan 2011.
- He was physically robust which was reflected in his performance at the ‘Ghatak Course ‘, where he secured ‘ Commando Dagger – Best Student’ at 8 yrs of service.
- He got inducted in Manipur for Op Hifazat II in Jan 2016. After relentless hard work combined with a superior tactical acumen, the officer homed on to eliminate the leadership of NSCN K and ZNF cadres. With his Cdo spirit at the helm he followed them and in an ensuing gunfight on 13 April 2016, he sustained two GSW in the stomach. Despite grievously injured the officer shot down the top militant Cadres at last Light in Tamenglong District.
Salute to brave son of India. Jai Hind.