If you want to join the Indian army, navy or airforce after your graduation, this is the golden opportunity for you. UPSC has published the CDS 2 2017 notification, for those who don’t know what CDS is, we are providing few details about this exam. CDSE, also known as combined defence services examination is a written exam conducted by UPSC two times every year. You can write this exam in your final year of graduation and after your graduation, but you must have the age limit as per the notification.
There are 4 military academies you can join through CDS Exam:
- IMA -Indian Military Academy, for Indian army permanent commission, only for male candidates.
- OTA – Officers Training Academy Chennai, for Indian army short service commission, for both male and female candidates.
- AFA – Air Force Academy, for Indian air force flying branch, only for male candidates.
- INA – Indian Naval Academy, for male candidates only.
A Combined Defence Services Examination 2 2017 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 19th November 2017 for admission to the under mentioned courses:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 145th Course commencing in July 2018 [Including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders].
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala course commencing in July 2018 Executive (General Service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)].
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in August, i.e. No. 204 F(P) Course 2018
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai—108th SSC Course (NT) (For Men) commencing in October 2018.
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October 2018.
Any graduate can apply for CDS exam but make sure you clear your graduation before the date of training as you have to submit all the educational documents before joining the training. Check the course date as mentioned above, it is obvious if you are completing your graduation after the mentioned date, you are not eligible.
What is the age limit for CDS 2 2017?
- For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy—20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1998 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1992 and not later than 1st July 1998) only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1999 only are eligible.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application, detailed instructions are available in the notification lined below.
How To Crack CDS 2 2017?
Merely applying for the CDS exam is not enough, there are lakhs of aspirants who will apply for CDS exam, and thousands of them will make it for the SSB interview. CDS exam is not tough at all, even an average candidates can crack it with just one month of serious preparation. Below we have mentioned few sources which will help you to crack CDS exam and SSB interview.
- For current affairs preparation, do check shop.ssbcrack.com for free and premium ebooks, use code: WARRIOR20
- For SSB interview preparation book, do check the best seller “Let’s Crack SSB Interview“