Applications are invited from UNMARRIED male and female (including Wards of Battle Causalities of Army Personnel), for grant of Short Service Commission (Non-Technical) in the Indian Army. The course will begin in October 2018 at OTA, Chennai.
For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jul 2018 (born not earlier than 02 Jul 93 and not later than 01 Jul 99, both dates inclusive). Date of birth acceptable is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
Graduate with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview, failing which their candidature will be CANCELLED.
The candidate should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC and should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
Current Affairs eBooks
- Current Affairs Dec 2017 eBook
- Current Affairs Nov 2017 eBook
- Current Affairs Oct 2017 eBook
- Current Affairs Sep 2017 eBook
NCC MEN: 50 (45 for General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only).
NCC Women: 05 (04 for Women general category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only).
How To Apply:
Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in No offline applications will be accepted.
- Open the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Click on Officers Entry ‘Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’.
- Follow onscreen instructions for registration. Fill online Registration after reading instructions very carefully. After registration, your profile will open. Click on ‘Apply Online’ to process the application. A page ‘Officers Selection-Eligibility’ will open.
- Your registration details will confirm your eligibility to apply. Click on ‘Apply’ and a page ‘Application Form’ will open. Proceed with the application as per onscreen instructions. Read onscreen instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details under various segments personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you proceed to the next segment.
- After filling details of last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of Information’ wherein you can check & edit entries you have made so far. Only after ascertaining’ the correctness of all your details click on ‘Submit’. After submitting click on ‘PDF’ and take out ‘two copies’ of the application form having the Roll Number and other details generated by the system.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. There is no need to send any hard copy to Directorate General of Recruiting.
The following points will be considered deeply
- Date of birth as mentioned in 10th certificate.
- The degree or provisional certificate issued by a recognized university by AIU.
- The candidate must have scored minimum 50% aggregate in his graduation. A final year student must have scored aggregate 50% in his previous years.
- The NCC certificate must have a minimum B grade.
Opening And Closing Dates Of Application Forms – the candidates can apply for it in between 11 Jan 2018 – 08 Feb 2018.
Important points: Candidates appearing/ appeared for the interview of CDS entry that is SSC 108 (NT) or SSC W 22 (NT) will not be eligible for NCC 44 entry.
Study Material For CDS 1 2018